• Unable to log in to OpenKM

• Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #50363  by tmbk58

Hi,
1. I have downloaded and installed OpenKM virtual environment "OpenKM-ComPorDev" and imported into VirtualBox version 6.1.12.
2. Then I tried to run the application from eclipse by first running Maven Build -> OpenKM package and also Maven Build -> clean gmt:compile package.
3. When starting up tomcat, I got this error:
Code: Select all
"com.mysql.cj.exceptions.InvalidConnectionAttributeException: The server time zone value 'CEST' is unrecognized or represents more than one time zone. You must configure either the server or JDBC driver (via the serverTimezone configuration property) to use a more specific time zone value if you want to utilize time zone support."
4. So I modified the jdbc connection URL to include server timezone as follows:
Code: Select all
<Resource auth="Container" driverClassName="com.mysql.jdbc.Driver" maxIdle="30" maxTotal="100" maxWaitMillis="10000" name="jdbc/OpenKMDS" password="openkm" type="javax.sql.DataSource" url="jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/okmdb?autoReconnect=true&amp;useUnicode=true&amp;characterEncoding=UTF8&amp;serverTimezone=Europe/Madrid" username="openkm" validationQuery="select 1"/>
5. Modified OpenKM.cfg to hibernate.hbm2ddl=create

6. On restarting tomcat, I got the login page. Upon logging in with okmAdmin and admin, I get 404 error for /OpenKM/frontend/index.jsp.

7. I tried building using build.sh and starting tomcat with startup.sh from terminal but I get the same error.

Sorry for the long post but I shall be highly obliged if anybody could help.

Thanks in advance!
 #50377  by tmbk58

I followed your advise and finally got it working!
Thanks a lot for your help!!

Best regards.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.