• Disable PDF Download

• OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #50155  by jllort

You are using deprecated documentation , please use https://docs.openkm.com/kcenter/view/okm-6.3-com/

About how to block download I think the best option should be create a new event ( DOWNLOAD ) for Automation and then evaluate the security or apply the needed logic to block the download ( raise an exception is the easiest ). In case of professional edition there's this event and I think in community should going in the same direction.

If you want to work on it in community edition, tell us and we will guide on how the code should be updated.
 #50162  by pgeraldes

Hi there, thanks for your reply, right now im trying community edition, can you please guide me how to block the pdf download on the dashboard and also on the previewer, i need that the users can only view the pdf on the previewer or other viewer and nothing more.
Thanks
jllort wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:01 am You are using deprecated documentation , please use https://docs.openkm.com/kcenter/view/okm-6.3-com/

About how to block download I think the best option should be create a new event ( DOWNLOAD ) for Automation and then evaluate the security or apply the needed logic to block the download ( raise an exception is the easiest ). In case of professional edition there's this event and I think in community should going in the same direction.

If you want to work on it in community edition, tell us and we will guide on how the code should be updated.
 #50166  by jllort

Did you have the Personal OpenKM development environment working? Did you have JAVA skill to apply the changes in the source code?
 #50167  by pgeraldes

Hi, unfortunately, i´m not a software engineer.
jllort wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:36 am Did you have the Personal OpenKM development environment working? Did you have JAVA skill to apply the changes in the source code?
 #50189  by jllort

You can looking for a freelance or go ahead with professional edition for a customization. OpenKM Team only does customization in the professional edition and we offering forum support for community edition, but not customizations.
 #52220  by chris8858

I am a software developer and also need this feature on our community edition.
Kindly help to enlighten me with the instructions to apply the changes in the source code.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.