• IllegalArgumentException when trying to login

• Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #49819  by mahima11

I have used installer to setup OpenKM,
database-mysql, OS-windows 10
Installation was completed successfully however when I try to login it throws java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: "option code" 65436 must be an unsigned 8 bit value.
Screenshot (1).png
Screenshot (1).png (70.86 KiB) Viewed 135000 times
Trying login using the default credentials username:okAdmin password:admin
 #49821  by jllort

Change your DNS service, I think you are pointing to Azure DNS service, currently there's an issue with it. Try with google DNS ( 8.8.8.8, 8.8.4.4 ).
 #49919  by tcconsulting

Well, I'm getting the same message.

I have several instances running on openkm-ce:6.3.9-DEV. I tried starting a new one on that same image today and am getting this error.

It looks like a change was made to that image 4 months ago. Did that change introduce this issue? Or did something with Azure change?

I'm running OpenKM and MySQL in separate Docker containers on an Azure VM. OpenKM talks to MySQL via the internal Docker network. It isn't resolving external domain names. After all, it knows when I'm typing valid credentials, so it's talking to the database.

So even if I did change the DNS settings for the Azure VM to non-Azure DNS servers, they wouldn't be resolving the database connection. Why is it dependent on resolving external domain?
 #49938  by jllort

The issue is caused by Azure DNS change ( upgrade or similar ). Try changing to google DNS, I suppose you can have principal and secondary dns, try google as principals and Azure as secondary, maybe it works.
 #49995  by tcconsulting

I was testing changing the DNS in the Azure VM to use Google DNS servers.

Now I can log in, but once the interface begins to load, it crashes with:
Code: Select all
OKM-022024(getEnabledExtensions): OKM-022024

could not load an entity: [com.openkm.dao.bean.Profile#1]
Looking at the logs, I see this error:
ERROR o.h.util.JDBCExceptionReporter - Unknown column 'profile0_.PRF_MN_TL_OMR_VIS' in 'field list',
I did not initially see that column in the OKM_PROFILE table in the MySQL database, so I ran the instance with "hibernate.hbm2ddl=update". Now I see the column, but while I don't get the error popping up when I log in, but I can't get past "Loading user values". No errors in the log, either.

I've tried with both these containers:
  • openkm/openkm-ce:6.3.9
  • openkm/openkm-ce:6.3.9-DEV (which was working fine before the Azure DNS change)
Is there any other reason to see the "PRF_MN_TL_OMR_VIS'" error other than an older database?
 #50011  by jllort

The last issue you shared have not relation with the current topic, I suggest create another post for it. This type of error happens in OpenKM upgrade I'm talking about this kind of error
Unknown column 'profile0_.PRF_MN_TL_OMR_VIS' 
If it is not a fresh OpenKM, you should switch to
hibernate.hbm2ddl=update
And then restart OpenKM

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.