• Deploying Community Dev on Virtual Box Issue

• Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #49604  by augustodelucena

Hey guys!

I wanna give a go to OpenKM and check if it meets my project requirements. I had worked with other software and I was so excited to try it out but I'm getting an error when importing the appliance from the OVA file. It's annoying as I have tried to download the 13gb OVA file twice and checked the hash sum, the error still persists though.

I tried to reinstall Virtualbox, downloaded the OVA file twice and changed it's location too but nothing has changed.

Please help me out, thanks in advance!

Virtualbox 6.1.2 on Win 10
Latest OVA from the download section.
Attachments
openkm linux vm error.png
openkm linux vm error.png (55.55 KiB) Viewed 7659 times
 #49618  by jllort

Rename .ova file as .tar and try to extract. If you can not extract the file then it means the file was not correctly downloaded.

If you success extracting the files into, you can directly use them for creating the VM ( but I suggest with OVA in almost cases should working )

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.