• OpenKM freeze for no apparent reason

• We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #48589  by manueldasilva

Hello
for started, sorry for my english ...
we use version 6.3.7 CE and we have a hang that seems random.
When this lock appears, it is impossible to use openkm for about 1 minute.
I can not find anything in the logs (tomcat, openkm or postgresql).
I disabled all the crons, changed cache properties, optimized the indexes without it changing anything except perhaps speed up the display when everything is fine.

would anyone have an eventual track?
 #48598  by manueldasilva

We have advanced in our research.
it is the update of the metadata which seems to pose pb

if I repeat several times
Code: Select all
curl -u Admin: Admin -H "Accept: application / json" -X PUT -H "Content type: application / xml" -d <simplePropertiesGroup> <simplePropertyGroup> <name> okp: grp.test </ name> <value> false </ value> </ simplePropertyGroup> </ simplePropertiesGroup> 'http: // localhost: 8080 / OpenKM / services / rest / propertyGroup / setPropertiesSimple? nodeId = 1234 \ & grpName = okg: grp
I freeze openkm for 1min but still without error.

an idea?
 #48633  by jllort

How many documents do you have? ->
SELECT COUNT(*) FROM OKM_NODE_BASE
SELECT COUNT(*) FROM OKM_NODE_DOCUMENT
SELECT COUNT(*) FROM OKM_NODE_FOLDER
SELECT COUNT(*) FROM OKM_NODE_MAIL
What hard disk type are you using? SATA ( 7200, 5400 ) , SSD ?
 #48713  by manueldasilva

hello
hard disk SATA 7200 400Go
Ram  8 Go
CPU (lspcu result)
Architecture:        x86_64
CPU op-mode(s):      32-bit, 64-bit
Byte Order:          Little Endian
CPU(s):              6
On-line CPU(s) list: 0-5
Thread(s) per core:  1
Core(s) per socket:  1
Socket(s):           6
NUMA node(s):        1
Vendor ID:           AuthenticAMD
CPU family:          21
Model:               16
Model name:          AMD Opteron(tm) Processor 6386 SE
Stepping:            0
CPU MHz:             2800.000
BogoMIPS:            5600.00
Hypervisor vendor:   VMware
Virtualization type: full
L1d cache:           16K
L1i cache:           64K
L2 cache:            2048K
L3 cache:            12288K
NUMA node0 CPU(s):   0-5
 #48736  by jllort

You have about 1 milion records in the database this is a considerable amount. Might be several reasons why application freeze.
First, Community edition is not so much optimized as professional edition, that means in a huge scenario de performance will not be the same.

Take a look at the number of keywords:
SELECT count(*) FROM OKM_NODE_KEYWORD;
I suggest periodically delete the dashboard, after a huge import that might cause a lot of problems ( really in a huge scenario it is better to disable it ):
DELETE FROM OKM_DASHBOARD_ACTIVITY;
Finally, you can analyze queries and methods execution time ( looking for queries what taking a lot of time and methods ):
Administration > Tools > Hibernate Stats and Profiling Stats

You are using MySQL database ?
How many concurrent users do you have ?
How many documents do you have in the text extraction queue ( Administration > Stats > Text extraction )
What are the values of managed.text.* configuration parameters ( Administration > Configuration parameters )
 #48743  by manueldasilva

Hello
thank you for the time spent!
"SELECT count(*) FROM OKM_NODE_KEYWORD;"
Result -> 0
Im' using postgresql with max_connections = 100.

"Query statistics" in "Administration > Tools > Hibernate Stats and Profiling Stats" are empty. I just activate them.

"Administration > Stats > Text extraction" -> Total pending extractions: 202029... it seems to me a lot

here is for managed.text.*
managed.text.extraction	-> Active	
managed.text.extraction.batch	-> 10	    
managed.text.extraction.concurrent	-> Inactive	
managed.text.extraction.pool.size -> 5	    
managed.text.extraction.pool.threads -> 5	    
managed.text.extraction.pool.timeout -> 1
 #48758  by jllort

I suspect you have a document locked in the text extraction what never ends and periodically try to extract into an infinite loop, check if the number change on time. About stats, remember after restarting are lost ( and is not a good idea having the stats always enabled, only enable for profiling purposes )

Can try to increase the timeout
managed.text.extraction.pool.timeout -> 1 minute to 5 minutes
Also, I suggest using fewer cores
managed.text.extraction.pool.size -> 2
managed.text.extraction.pool.threads -> 2
An increase the number of the batch queue ( because you have a lot of files in the queue )
managed.text.extraction.batch -> 100
An activate the concurrency in text extraction
managed.text.extraction.concurrent -> True
 #49317  by jllort

The number of documents in the text extraction queue is decreasing?
I some file always in the queue what never ends processing ( take screenshots and compare between them in time ).
 #52455  by lalitpareshan

Strange , i am able to login to okmAdmin and one more user but not other users , it say waiting
Also search works fine in okmAdmin , but hangs for the other user which is able to login.
 #52463  by jllort

Maybe in log is shown some error. Sometime error comes from UI ( because profiles or similar reason ) -> unfortunatelly UI version in the CE do not provide a lot of clues about reason why happens.
* First try to share errors in openkm.log ( if find them )
* Second share a video -> maybe I can suggest something watching the behaviour
* Finally in the browser open browser tools and watch the browser console, sometimes are shown errors there ( I'm not much confident about this point )
* Try create a new profile and assign to a user what is not able to login.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.