• Folder Level Security

• We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #47604  by ansarmnnit

Hey I have Created a parent folder name parent and it contains 5 subfolders in it lets say f1,f2,f3,f4,f5 ,Now i have created two user's U1 and U2. What i want to do is U1 can access Sub folders f1,f2,f3 and U2 can access sub folders f1,f2,f4,f5 is there any way to do this in openkm which already exists if yes please enlighten me.
Thanks
 #47617  by jllort

The security feature in OpenKM works in the same manner as your OS. When you create a subfolder, the subfolder inherits grants from the parent. If you set the right grants in the parent before creating the child, you will get it automatically.
 #47621  by ansarmnnit

Thanks For the Reply
So by this you mean to say i Can Assign permissions According to the user groups in parent and then the same is followed by the sub groups.
 #47630  by jllort

Yes, each time you create a child element, the security grants from the parent are inherited by default in the child. I suggest check yourself.
 #47635  by ansarmnnit

i got your point.
Thank you for the help.

Is there any limit on the Number of users in Community version. If yes then how much users, I can add and if am going to change number of Users in Community version is this going to impact on other services too.
Thanks in advance.
 #47652  by ansarmnnit

Hey i have imported complete project from the github, but now if am trying to hit rest api threw postman it is continuously showing error but other hand when am trying to hit api with Soapui then it is working.
can you please tell me where i'am going wrong.

Postman is working in case of some Api calls,but i have to remove rest from the request.
Example:-

I have to use this
localhost:8080/OpenKM/services/OKMAuth/getUsers

But the actual request should be this according to your documents
localhost:8080/OpenKM/services/rest/OKMAuth/getUsers

Question 2:
How i can able to upload a document threw Api in Openkm.(tried a lot but not succeeded )
 #47655  by ansarmnnit

Greetings,
I have imported community version of openkm from github and now after compiling it successfully when am trying to run it. it's first authentication page is launched and after entering username and password on that page when i redirected to this page (http://localhost:8080/OpenKM/frontend/index.jsp) it says this page is not available even i have checked you github src code even there this path is not avaliable is this a mistake from your side.?? can you please enlighten me about this.
thanks in advance.

when i have checked mobile version it is working fine for me.
 #47663  by jllort

You are mixing several topics into the same post, please if you have additional questions add a new post ( are free ), do not merge several topics into the same post because at the end we are losing the focus and it is a big mess for us and for new readers, thanks. If you have any additional question about folder security we can follow with it, otherwise, please add more post for new questions, thanks.
 #47664  by ansarmnnit

Thank you for the help my doubts related to folder level security is cleared now.
actually am unable to create new post that's why i have posted new topic here.
 #47674  by jllort

It is raising some error why you are not able to create new post?
 #52467  by lalitpareshan

By default the child inherits the parent security permission , is there any way to give permission to specific roles to specific subfolders ?
example parent folder has f1,f2,f3 and user role role1 and role2 and role3 , now i want to set permission as
1) f1 permission only to role1 and Role3,
2) f2 permission to role1 ,role2 and role3 and
3) f3 permission only to role2 and role3.
4 and any new folder created under this parent folder , permission only to role3

when i configure the step 4 , role1 and 2 need to be removed from parent folder and by this they are not able to get access to subfolder

is there a way out to grant access to subfolder only without giving access to parent folder ?

Please someone assist
 #52485  by jllort

If you do not want do it manually -> removing unnecessary roles, should create an automation task for it purpose.

Some URL that may insterest:
* https://docs.openkm.com/kcenter/view/ok ... ted-).html
* https://docs.openkm.com/kcenter/view/ok ... antedRoles
* https://docs.openkm.com/kcenter/view/ok ... removeRole

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.