• JasperReport Template doesn't show Persian characters

• OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #47396  by mamad

Hi,
i wrote an SQL based Jasperreport template using IReport tools which retrieve some fields from database. Some record inside database are in Persian language (Persian is RTL).Problem is that when i execute the query inside openkm, nothing shows(just some blank space) in the corresponding records to the Persian language terms while these fields shows in the Preview tab of IReport.
You can see it in the attached image.

Imag1 - Preview Tab of IReport tool :
1 (1).png
1 (1).png (90.7 KiB) Viewed 8959 times
Image2 - Execution of report inside openkm :
2.png
2.png (39.1 KiB) Viewed 8959 times
 #47417  by jllort

Do you have the font what are using in the report installed into the openkm server? Take a look into the log of the server. Another problem might be the text is greater than the square space, sometimes is the space is not enought the ireport does not shown anything in the field.

I suggest take a look into the catalina.log file when you are executing the report, looking for some error or warning.
 #47470  by mamad

thanks for your reply
I use the default fonts of IReport for this fields (Arial,SansSerif,Serif,..) but problem still remains
also check the square space and thats OK too
And About the log file :
I check log files inside tomcat-8.5.24/logs folder but no new log file generated when i executed report(i delete all logs before execution).
I think this problem does not relates to the font because i use one of the default fonts and the result is ok inside preview tab of IReport.
 #47483  by jllort

Must be sure you have in the server these fonts installed, anyway when fonts are missing the report is not executed and raised an error about the missing font.

I suspect you have another kind of error, can you try with another format of the report like CSV, sure there will be shown the real data created.
You are making SQL report.
What is the report charset? I think should be UTF-8
 #49183  by mamad

Hello again,
After a while i checked the server again and the font that i used had been installed on the server ( i used Arial font )
try with another format of the report like CSV
I also checked this and find that there is no problem on CSV or rtf reports and this problem exists only on pdf outputs.
 #49187  by jllort

Sometimes the problems are in the font size what does not fit in the selected area. Consider is not the same when you execute from ireport tool in your OS and in the server ... I think the issue may be with font, font-size and the area where is shown. If the data is shown in the CSV report it means that the issue should be there.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.