• SOLVED: Suggestion how to realize hirachical meta data structure?

• OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #47377  by OpaHeinz

Hello together

Just to explain my requirement:
please assume, that I have 2 cars and two houses.
I would handle my assurance documents and classify it by usage of metadata.
If I get an invoice from my assurance, I need to assign metadata group "assurance invoice"
Now I have to decide the assurance-type house-assurance or car-assurance.
so far so fine
But:
If I would select house assurance I have to assign the location
if I would select car-assurance I have to assign the car-number/ licence-plate content

How would be the best way to organize this?
In xml, I can not define a case structure like

If assurance-type = "house assurance"
.....ask for the "location"
else if assurance-type = "car-assurance"
.....ask for the licence-plate content
end if

System: Ubuntu 18.04 Server, Maria DB 10
OpenKM: Version 6.3.6 (build: 87d181f)
My state: newby :oops:

Any suggestion would be welcome

Thank you in advance
Heinz
Last edited by OpaHeinz on Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #47390  by jllort

Professional edition has some advantage for hierarchical metadata what are not still present into community edition ( https://docs.openkm.com/kcenter/view/ok ... lationship )

In you case, any suggestion goes in direction of making some small customization to get something fine in the community edition. Basically, create a new panel in the bottom ( when a document is selected ) and create from there a small wizard.
 #47408  by OpaHeinz

Additional hint:
I tried to use a hierarchical structure with success.
For this I had to use the following header in Metadata xml:
Code: Select all
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE property-groups PUBLIC "-//OpenKM//DTD Property Groups 2.5//EN"
                                 "http://www.openkm.com/dtd/property-groups-2.5.dtd">
But I was not satisfied with this solution, so I went back and used instead double assignment of two different metadata-groups

rgds Heinz

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.