• SOLVED: Metadata groups not visible

• OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #47365  by OpaHeinz

Hello

I created 4 metadata groups (pls see code)
I registered it
I uploaded a pdf document
I assigned one of the groups to the document and filled the properties
so far everything was fine

Problem:
In the metadata panel, I can not see the assignment
Bildschirmfoto vom 2019-01-30 10-27-01.png
Bildschirmfoto vom 2019-01-30 10-27-01.png (17.99 KiB) Viewed 4875 times
in the database %meta% tables all selects deliver no result/ 0 datarows

System: Ubuntu 18.04 Server, Maria DB 10
OpenKM: Version 6.3.6 (build: 87d181f)
My state: newby :oops:

Is there any idea/ suggestion?
All hints are welcome

Thank you in advance
regards
OpaHeinz
Code: Select all
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE property-groups PUBLIC "-//OpenKM//DTD Property Groups 2.3//EN"
                                 "http://www.openkm.com/dtd/property-groups-2.3.dtd">
<property-groups>
  <property-group label="Laborergebnisse" name="okg:laborergebnisse">
    <input label="Für wen" type="text" name="okp:laborergebnisse.name"/>
    <input label="Datum vom" type="date" name="okp:laborergebnisse.date" />
    <input label="Über Praxis Dr." type="text" name="okp:laborergebnisse.praxis" />
    <textarea label="Bemerkung" name="okp:laborergebnisse.comment"/>
  </property-group>
  <property-group label="Untersuchungsberichte" name="okg:untersuchungsberichte">
    <input label="Für wen" type="text" name="okp:untersuchungsberichte.name"/>
    <input label="Datum vom" type="date" name="okp:untersuchungsberichte.date" />
    <input label="Über Praxis Dr." type="text" name="okp:untersuchungsberichte.praxis" />
    <textarea label="Bemerkung" name="okp:untersuchungsberichte.comment"/>
  </property-group>
 <property-group label="Krankmeldung" name="okg:krankmeldung">
    <input label="Für wen" type="text" name="okp:krankmeldung.name"/>
    <input label="Datum von" type="date" name="okp:krankmeldung.date_from" />
    <input label="Datum bis" type="date" name="okp:krankmeldung.date_until" />
    <input label="Datum vom" type="date" name="okp:krankmeldung.date_am" />
    <input label="Über Praxis Dr." type="text" name="okp:krankmeldung.praxis" />
    <textarea label="Bemerkung" name="okp:krankmeldung.comment"/>
  </property-group>  
   <property-group label="Rezepte" name="okg:rezept">
    <input label="Für wen" type="text" name="okp:rezept.name"/>
    <input label="Datum vom" type="date" name="okp:rezept.date" />
    <input label="Über Praxis Dr." type="text" name="okp:rezept.praxis" />
    <textarea label="Bemerkung" name="okp:rezept.comment"/>
  </property-group> 
</property-groups>
Last edited by OpaHeinz on Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #47376  by OpaHeinz

I removed all metadata assignments from the documents.
After that I rebuild the xml file and added an option field.
Then I rergister the metadata xml and assigned the metadata new.
After this everything was fine and the metadata structure was visible in the panel.

I think, the data are only visible in metadata panel if the metadata group has at minimum one check-box or one list-box field in it
<--
Hmm, I am not sure how I should think about this restriction. But I couldn't find a hint in the documentation regarding this situation.
But this would be fine if it would be documented.
-->

rgds Heinz
 #47380  by jllort

Only select and checklist are available in the metadata tree view. The reason is that we can draw a limited tree ( checkbox -> 2 option, select what you decide, but you take control of it ). But what is not reasonable is to drawing a list of free text into the input, that might be unlimited values and that is the reason why uncontrolled fields will never be drawn there. Imagine a million of docs, each one with an input field with free text, now try to imagine to render these values as a node into the tree ... sounds bad no?
 #47381  by OpaHeinz

Ah ok, thank you for this information!
You are right and I understand.
One additional thing which I wrote was, that I could not find a hint regarding this situation. :wink:
I feel that this would be really helpful for newbies like me ( And it should be visible on the side where the meta-data creation is described and on the place where the meta-data panel is described.

Thank you very much
rgds
Heinz
 #47407  by OpaHeinz

I would like to suggest, to do it here:
https://docs.openkm.com/kcenter/view/ok ... ields.html
You can mark the select and checkbox field with the hint, that this both field types will build the metadata tree view in frame meta-data

I did not found the page where following view is described. There would be also a good place to describe it, too.

rgds Heinz
Attachments
Bildschirmfoto vom 2019-02-06 16-33-39.png
Bildschirmfoto vom 2019-02-06 16-33-39.png (31.63 KiB) Viewed 4805 times
 #50720  by ghl.ferhat

Hi, May be it's late but I think it would be preferable to allow input fields with date format to be available in the metadata tree, date format inputs are limited and more structured then free text, they can be organize for example by year and month ..
Also it would be better if there is an option to select which field to see in the metadata tree (if more then one exist).
Thank you.
 #50728  by jllort

In the professional version, we have to rebuild totally this section and is not shown as a tree, is shown as a quick search, that helps to filter by text areas inputs and all the metadata field types. I think the idea of showing as a tree what 10 years ago we thought was a great idea, currently I'm not so sure ( useful, yes, but might be in terms of usability, not the best ).

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.