• Preview problems with doc, odt

• OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #47121  by pipen

Hello community,
Sorry for my english, i am from germany :) . I have problems with preview doc, xls, odt files. In the preview window come the failure: There was a problem with the conversion generation. Please, contact your OpenKM administrator. PDF and jpg works fine.
The PDF file download does not work either. After start OpenKM i can not find a service soffice.bin. I think thats my problem.
bild1.PNG
bild1.PNG (5.99 KiB) Viewed 4063 times
I have installed openkm on a Windows 10 (1809) machine with OpenOffice 4, MySQL Server 5.7.
The configuration check is positive.
bild2.PNG
bild2.PNG (20.21 KiB) Viewed 4063 times

I would be very grateful for your help.
Christian
Attachments
(5.96 KiB) Downloaded 188 times
 #47130  by jllort

1- I suggest install libreoffice and remove older openoffice 4
2- In the log file I'm do not observe errors but will be better catalina.log file rather than what you have shared with us.

Did you configured OpenKM as a service ?

Usually problems comes with wrong environment variables https://docs.openkm.com/kcenter/view/ok ... tvariables ensure in your path have set sigar and bin folder in similar manner you can see in the documentation. Also ensure the OpenOffice or Libreoffice is stopped, if the application is in use, sometimes might not be started by OpenKM as a service.
 #47132  by pipen

Here is the catalina log file once more.
(22.66 KiB) Downloaded 187 times
OpenKM run as a service. I think the variables are correct.
bild2.PNG
bild2.PNG (23.63 KiB) Viewed 4025 times
I have remove the openoffice 4 and install the latest version of libreoffice. After restart the machine, soffice.bin is running as a service and the preview for office files works fine :lol: .
Now i have a problem with txt files. In the preview window i becom this error.
bild3.PNG
bild3.PNG (8.13 KiB) Viewed 4025 times
Have anyone a tip for me?
 #47144  by jllort

Can you download the document?
I suspect some issue with the number of whitespaces ( and some script not executed or missing in an upgrade ).
 #47169  by pipen

I have now installed OpenKM with Win10 in my virtuel environment. Now this works with the txt files. Thanks for your help.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.