• Size limit in OpenKM Digital Signature Client 1.0.2

• OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #46783  by DrydenK

Hi,

I'm hitting what appears to be a size limit in OpenKM Digital Signature Client 1.0.2. If I try to sign and upload files up to 86MB, everything works fine. If I try with 100MB+ (tried 100MB and 107MB files), the client fails showing a large error screen (attached, I was unable to copy the text).

If I upload the files directly to OpenKM, without using the client, OpenKM accepts the files fine, so the problem is not in OpenKM. Is this size limit in the Digital Signature Client known? Is there any workaround?

I'm Using OpnKM 6.3.6 build 87d181f, running in Ubuntu 18.4. The signature client, as mentioned, is OpenKM Digital Signature Client 1.0.2. My workstation is running Windows 7-x64 with 8GB RAM.

Thank you,

Roberto
Attachments
Error window displayed by OpenKM Digital Signature Client 1.0.2
Error window displayed by OpenKM Digital Signature Client 1.0.2
erro_openkm.png (105.66 KiB) Viewed 6448 times
 #46915  by DrydenK

No, it didn't work.

I've tried both Webservices 1.0+ (which failed with an "unexpected element" error message) and Webservices 2.0+ (which failed with an "Document exists" error message, despite no document existing with that name), and none worked. Using Webservice 1.0 or 2.0 failed even with small files (~10MB).

Roberto
 #46930  by DrydenK

jllort wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:57 am You should use always webservices 1.0, now we are testing from our side the issue with big documents.
Ok. Two problems:
- There is no reference to using "webservices" in the documentation (at least I found none);
- Using the "webservices" option (both 1.0 and 2.0) does not work at all, even for small files. I tried with 10MB files and it failed.

Is there any other known alternative?

Thanks,

Roberto
 #47071  by DrydenK

Hi,
sorry for the delay.

I've tested the program but it failed with a long message (in short, it complained saying "Unmarshalling Error: Text size limit (134217728) exceeded"). Before proceeding, I saw that version 6.3.7 is required. I've searched for the instructions to upgrade, but I need the file OpenKM.war, but am unable to find this file. It's not inside the openkm installer, nor in the repository (https://sourceforge.net/projects/openkm/files/). Where do I get this file?

Thank you,

Roberto Greiner
 #47073  by jllort

Should compile the source code and then follow the steps described here https://docs.openkm.com/kcenter/view/ok ... o-637.html

You must have git and maven installed, then:

$ git clone https://github.com/openkm/document-mana ... system.git
$ cd document-management-system
$ mvn -Dmaven.test.skip=true clean package

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.