• Adding developed workflow to production

• Do you want to create a native client or integrate with third party applications: webservices are the solution.
Do you want to create a native client or integrate with third party applications: webservices are the solution.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #46688  by vrecalde_py

Hello to all, I am making this question because I could not find the answer in forums, openkm documentation and internet. I have just finished a workflow, it was developed in the VM that openKM recomends to download, using eclipse, etc... I want to integrate to production environment, but I did not find an answer on the internet. How could I do it? I read the documentation, but I could not find the steps to do it, there are examples of how make a workflow but not how take it to production and run it. I imagine that I have to leave the OpenKM.war in the production directory, under tomcat/webapps, the problem that I have is I can't generate the war file because I don't have the OpenKM project among the VM's projects, only examples.
I think that I could make it doing the following:
- Copy the original project that I have in production (OpenKM folder),
- Shared a folder with the VM, import the project from VM eclipse IDE,
- Make changes to the project (develop workflows for example),
- Export the project like war file,
- Put the war file in shared folder to return it to my host SO (windows 10),
- Copy it under tomcat/webapps directory of production and
- Restart tomcat?
Are those the correct steps? Is there a official way to do it?

Regards.
Victor.
 #46690  by vrecalde_py

Hi again, I could resolve it with openkm help, when you are in the workflow view, in the eclipse IDE, click on the menu JBPM tab, save like par file (filename.par), that par file I shared with my host SO through shared folder between sistems, and then upload the par file from openkm production app, logued as admin, in the administration tab/workflow item. In the bottom of this page, you can upload the par file and then register it.
Regards.
 #46702  by jllort

You might have open the diagram ( *.jpdl.xml file ) in the eclipse tab, and then in the top menu jBPM menu you will have the option "Save Process Archive" -> that will save the .par file what contents all the forms, images and classes you have set in the workflow definition.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.