• All users including okmAdmin not able to login.

• OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #45829  by nigyel

Hello,

I am using version 6.3.0 and suddenly all my users including okmAdmin not able to login. Getting the message "Authentication error". How do I proceed further.

Your help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Nigyel.
 #45830  by lnovoa

Hi!,
You have to provide more information.

Could you pass the log openkm.log and catalina.out?
You could also look in the bbdd and verify that the users are assigned the roles as ROLE_USER or ROLE_ADMIN.
Check that the connection data with the bbdd is correct. That you can look at it in /conf/server.xml ...
Do you say that you have accessed the application before?
Have you modified something?
 #45831  by nigyel

Hi Novoa,

Yes it was working fine till 15th May, 2018. All of a sudden all the users including okmAdmin are not able to login.
I did RnD and came to the conclusion that there is an issue with okmdb.script file. When I replace it will my old file I was able to login but the thing is that the file okmdb.script that I have got is of 2015... My current okmdb.script is not letting me login to the system. Any help in rectifying the file.

I have attached the logs for your reference ad if required will email you my latest okmdb.script file so that it can be rectified with your help. :)
Couldnot locate openkm.log path and I have attached localhost log, hope its the same.

Regards,
Nigyel.
Attachments
(10.93 KiB) Downloaded 258 times
 #45841  by jllort

Stop OpenKM
clean all the logs
Share with us the catalina.log and catalina.out file

Did you execute something in the database, like disable all the users ? you can try small change in your OpenKM.xml

You can try to change:
Code: Select all
users-by-username-query="select usr_id, usr_password, 1 from OKM_USER where usr_id=? and usr_active='T'"
authorities-by-username-query="select ur_user, ur_role from OKM_USER_ROLE where ur_user=?"/>
to
users-by-username-query="select usr_id, usr_password, 1 from OKM_USER"
authorities-by-username-query="select ur_user, ur_role from OKM_USER_ROLE where ur_user=?"/>
or
users-by-username-query="select 'okmAdmin', '21232f297a57a5a743894a0e4a801fc3', 1"
authorities-by-username-query="select 'okmAdmin', 'ROLE_ADMIN'"/>
Where 21232f297a57a5a743894a0e4a801fc3 is the password "admin".

Also with OpenKM stopped you can try to connect with database okmdb, with a tool like datastudio ( aquafold ).

Finally I encourage migrate to MySQL or other database in production environment. If your HSQL it corrupts for some reason will not be possible recover data in almost cases ( might happens for example with a bad computer power off ). I will try to explain in the documentation how to migrate between databases.
 #45846  by nigyel

Hello Jllort,

Thank you for your suggestion and solutions. I tried as you mentioned and attached the catalina log file. catalina.out file is empty.
Once this issue gets resolved I would like to migrate to MySQL database and your help is required. :)

I have not executed anything in the database and also no changes are made in OpenKM.xml

Regards,
Nigyel.
Attachments
(10.79 KiB) Downloaded 262 times
 #45850  by nigyel

Hello Jllort and all,

To add on I found a very old file okmdb.script of 2015 and when I replace it in the server I am able to login, so I feel that the latest okmdb.script is having some issue. After logging using the old okmdb.script file I am not able to see the latest uploaded files of 2016, 2016 and 2017. Any solution to make it appear in the dashboard using the queries from the latest okmdb.script along wiht the users?

I am very much handicapped now.

Regards,
Nigyel.
 #45851  by nigyel

Hello friends,

I noticed that in the main login page the language is blank, and maybe because of this all my users are not able to login to the system. Any solution to make it appear as English. Attached is the screenshot.

Regards,
Nigyel.
Attachments
OPENKM-LOGIN.png
OPENKM-LOGIN.png (6.28 KiB) Viewed 20835 times
 #45857  by jllort

When you change the okmdb.script you are replacing the entire database. That means you are losing 2-3 years of data.
About what is not shown the language translation I think is exactly the same issue, you have problems with the database.

You can not change database without also restoring repository what corresponds with that database ( both things, repository/datastore and database dump are synch ).
 #45859  by nigyel

Hello Jllort,

Any possibilities of fixing the language option in the login page? I have got the latest repository folders in the repository path and the okmdb.script is also the latest one. If the language option is fixed then I am sure will be able to get all the folders and files in the desktop.

Thank you so much.
Nigyel.
 #45862  by jllort

Not so easy as you think, you should login into the database to registering the language ( that's quite strange is not there ) and then execute the script https://docs.openkm.com/kcenter/view/ok ... tions.html

For login into database OpenKM must be stopped - in your case - and you should use some tool like RazoeSQL (http://razorsql.com/docs/hsqldb_database_browser.html) for login to the HSQL database ( in this kind of database only can be a single poll connected, that's why OpenKM must be stopped ).
 #45866  by nigyel

Hello Jllort,

Thank you for your help. I am not able t o connect to the database. Can you help me again how to move forward. Attached is the screenshot of the RazoeSQL.

Thank you so so much.
Nigyel.
Attachments
database-connection.png
database-connection.png (91.23 KiB) Viewed 20794 times
 #45872  by jllort

Take a look at your server.xml where is set the user and password. Usually should be user "sa" and password the empty string.
 #45877  by nigyel

Hello Jllort,

Thank you. Yes its default one, username as sa. But getting the message 'java.lang.OutOfemoryError: GC overhead limit exceeded'. :(

Reagrds,
Nigyel.
Attachments
line.png
line.png (33.98 KiB) Viewed 20735 times
java-error.png
java-error.png (110.72 KiB) Viewed 20747 times
 #45900  by jllort

Migth increate VM parameter when starting the application of try other tool like datastudio ( aquafold ) they have a 15 days trial what might be good for you.
 #45918  by nigyel

Hello Jllort,

I somewhat got to run the language script but now getting the message while loading the login page:

Error getting translations: No row with the given identifier exists: [com.openkm.dao.bean.Language#en-GB]

Thanks,
Nigyel.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.