• Website PDF fails in Preview if created w/Microsoft print to PDF

• OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #44838  by silverspr

Ubuntu 16.04
OpenKM CE 6.3.2

HI, not sure where to go with this. A pdf created from a website with the Microsoft print to PDF does not display in preview in CE. If I use the Adobe PDF to create the pdf, the pdf displays in preview. If I use the OpenKM Professional version (on line demo), to open the pdf file created with the Microsoft print to PDF driver, the PDF displays properly. So it appears to only be a problem with CE? Is it related to SWFTools and flashplayer?

The work around is to always use the Adobe PDF print driver.

What does the future hold for the CE document viewer?

thanks
 #44848  by jllort

We are nearly to release a new OpenKM version 6.3.5 ( if you compile actual dev branch you will see the flash preview has been changed to HTML 5 solution ). I suggest upgrade from 6.2.x to 6.3.4 and then go ahead with 6.3.5 ( the migration guide until 6.3.5 is updated althought has not been oficially released ).

https://docs.openkm.com/kcenter/view/ok ... guide.html
 #44862  by silverspr

Thank you jllort.
I am currently on CE 6.3.2 (I liked the batch file uploader and didn't want to lose its functionality).
But the viewer is more important, so the most recent available download version on your download page is 6.3.4.
Is 6.3.4 a cumulative update? Where do I find 6.3.3 if I need to install it first?
Is 6.3.5 available unofficially or did you mean install it when it becomes available?

thanks
 #44874  by jllort

From here you can download the old war files https://sourceforge.net/projects/openkm ... rce=navbar

About vesion 6.3.5 has not been officially released, but you can download the source code, build it and follow the steps described in the migration guide to upgrade 6.3.4 to 6.3.5. Really we are at the end of the process of release the version 6.3.5 and probably will not be more changes before we release it. What I'm trying to say is that you can upgrade with actual 6.3.5 code, it is safe doing it.
 #45252  by silverspr

Hello jllort
I am patiently waiting for the community 6.3.5 release. I was unable to find a download for the source code for this version. I did try here: https://github.com/openkm/document-mana ... system.git but this is for the 6.3.4 build. Can you provide a link to the later code (6.3.5)?

as an aside, can ignore the surefire errors during the compile process?

thanks
 #45294  by silverspr

Thanks for your help with compiling CE Dev 6.3.5. The document previewer looks great and is an improvement over the old version. I am able to view pdf files not previously viewable with the old architecture.

I've started a new thread regarding the execution script not completing.

thanks
dale
Last edited by silverspr on Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
 #45301  by jllort

Please do not merge several topics in the same post, if you have an issue with scripting add another one. Consider our answers are readed by other community users and we might create a big messi if we merge topics in the same post. Thanks for the comprehension.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.