• 'Updating document list' taking a long time

• We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #44318  by kxhuang080

Hello. I'm using OpenKM Now, but face a big problem!!
version : 6.3 (build:8156) Community Extension.
VMware server configuration: 8G RAM; Centos 6.3 64bit ; CPU E5-2640v2 --16cpus*2GHz (OpenKM only use 2 cpus)
My problem : I have one folder contains about 700~800 files . Now when I come into this folder , it's very very slow!!Every time I need to wait 8~9 seconds .so where the problem is ? If it's my server configuration,can you give me some suggestions ?

Thanks!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Attachments
openkm.jpg
openkm.jpg (84.38 KiB) Viewed 5374 times
 #44321  by kxhuang080

Hello ,

Thank you for your reply ! I'm checking my openkm setting.Pagination is disable by default, and I do not change anything. ( pls see attach picture)
Maybe I did not express my question clearly. For example:
I have two folder, as below
A Folder : 50 ~ 60 files
B Folder : 700 ~ 800 files

Now ,when I open A folder in OpenKM ,it's very fast to see document list . But when I open B folder , It's very slow . I see document list need to wait 8~9 seconds . so I don't know how to solve this problem.

Thanks!
Attachments
openkm_3.jpg
openkm_3.jpg (184.48 KiB) Viewed 5366 times
openkm.jpg
openkm.jpg (85.16 KiB) Viewed 5366 times
openkm_1.jpg
openkm_1.jpg (24.72 KiB) Viewed 5366 times
 #44322  by Petr_Valenta

I'm afraid this is a question to OpenKM team.

Please enable a pagination and try to compare times of access into your folder with a 10 rows limit and the same with no limit.

If the first approach is (and should be) faster, then it is working as expected. If not, go either into source codes or wait for OpenKM team's information here.
 #44342  by jllort

Here might be several problems.
- It's a good suggestion use pagination, because rendering 900 elements in the table might take some time ( it depends on browser, computer resources, etc... )
- What database are you using ?
- You are using VM, you talk about 8GB ram and 16 core, but OpenKM is only using 2. What is exactly the VM configuration for OpenKM. What kind of disk do you have SATA 7200 or best perfomance ?
- You are on windows or linux scenario ?
- What is the total amount of files do you have in the repository ?
 #44351  by kxhuang080

Hi,

Pls see as below:
What database are you using ?
- mysql

You are using VM, you talk about 8GB ram and 16 core, but OpenKM is only using 2. What is exactly the VM configuration for OpenKM. What kind of disk do you have SATA 7200 or best perfomance ?

- Physical pc cpu: E5-2640v2 16cpus * 2GHz ,Using SATA 7200
- VMware using physical pc's cpu and ram (VM configuration see attach pic)
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (24.15 KiB) Viewed 5326 times
You are on windows or linux scenario ?
- Server: linux
- Client: windows (use Firefox explorer)

What is the total amount of files do you have in the repository ?
- About 13,000 data
- The total data capacity is 45.5G
 #44370  by jllort

13K documents is small amount, should going really fine. Ensure you have updated to latest OpenKM 6.3.4 and then enable hibernate stats ( https://docs.openkm.com/kcenter/view/ok ... stats.html ) and profiling ( https://docs.openkm.com/kcenter/view/ok ... stats.html ). It will identify slow queries from database and JAVA methods what take a lot of time.

If the VM configuration is fine ( I'm talking about the server with the other VM ), should not get this kind of problems. I think from OpenKM side will not be a lot of things what can do. Might be a poor database performance caused by disk I/O ? enable stats will provide you some clues, but not the solution.

You can also try to restore the installation in another computer ( better if it's outside VM ) to check from there the performance.
 #44423  by kxhuang080

Hi,
Thank you for your respond. Maybe I had sloved the problem. Because my database engine is using MyISAM,so when I turn to InnoDB.It runs very well . And open the folder become faster .

ps :According to your suggestion, I create a new OpenKM for test . Using original database (HSQL), so I don't change anything. The data is same.When I test open folder speed, It's the fastest.Is it mean that the original database maybe better then mysql ?
 #44433  by jllort

We do not suggest go ahead with HSQL for production. When you compare several database must be in similar scenario, same hardware, same number of database rows. Take in consideration some database goes quickly with few rows, but later with a huge number the performance decrease dramatically. What you should looking for is lineal performance with huge number of records. For example Oracle ( from my experience, take as is ) seems are less quick with few rows, but with a lot of rows the performance are really good. Also consider, database is something more than installing, then you must apply some tunning etc...

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.