• 2 Factor Authentication in OpenKM

• Do you want to create a native client or integrate with third party applications: webservices are the solution.
Do you want to create a native client or integrate with third party applications: webservices are the solution.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #43683  by moh.ali

Hello
I have two Questions :
1- where can I get documentation about how OpenKM Authentication work?
2- how can I add another authentication factor with old username+password?
I need to integrate OpenKM authentication(username and password) with token generated from another system(we have it already) and change the workflow of OpenKM authentication.
I need the user to enter his token and username and password in OpenKM login screen and check it throw web service in another system . if the token is valid then check the username and password in openKM Database. otherwise terminate login process befor check the username and password.

I'm using OpenkM 6.4.6 under windows 10 64bit
 #43689  by jllort

This is a professional edition and very old. You should contact with us because in version 6.4.33 we have yet implemented 2 factor authentication.
 #43707  by jllort

Actual OpenKM community version is 6.3.3. Obviously you can modify the source code for it. You should investigate in the direction "spring two steps authentication"
 #50677  by jllort

Check spring security about how to add support for AD. Then you must play with openkm code considering the current spring version in the community edition.
 #50683  by zohra

Hi
I have a java code of 2-factor authentication and I want to introduce it in the source code of the openKm community
my problem is how can I introduce it because I can't find the file responsible for adding the function in openkm
can you please help me on the file in openkm community?

Thank you
Last edited by zohra on Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #50696  by jllort

please add a specific issue for this case, do not merge several topics into the same post. It will cause a lot of confusion for the other readers.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.