• Multiple Automated Metadata

• We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #43314  by reca

Hi Sir Jllort,

Is it possible to have 2 Automated Metadata in one folder.

we have the Metadata of "Request form" will fill up by Store user and "Approved Form" will be filled up by Admin User.

Thanks & Regards.
 #43315  by reca

Hi Sir Jllort,

in this 2 metadata 2 document will be uploaded also.

Our Main Process is Store user will upload the document then will be fill up the Request Form Automated Metadata, once done the Admin User will view the request document then will be upload the Approved Document then will fill up the Approved Form with Automated metadata.

this process happen in 1 folder only.

^_^
thanks.
 #43329  by jllort

What is the goal you are looking for "automated" metadata ? explain some description about the expected system behabiour ( the user upload document and then ? )
 #43335  by reca

Hi Sir,

Good Day :)

Our client want the procedure of the Document is, store user will upload document then fill up the metadata once done it will notify the Admin user via dashboard for the new request, then the admin will check the document (this document i am referring is a Return Item) so admin has a separate procedure in checking the document, and once done checking they will upload different document (they call it Approved docu) then fill up the different metadata then it will notify the user via dashboard.

this is the only main process of their document.

but in this process client want to have 1 Folder then 2 automated metadata, i attached the metadata, The Request metadata will be fill up by Store User and the Approved is to Admin User.

is this 2 metadata in just one folder is possible?? if it's possible i don't need to create multiple folder, cause yesterday i ask also about the "ACCESS FOLDER" "https://forum.openkm.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=21200"

Thanks and Regards,
Attachments
Request.png
Request.png (15.68 KiB) Viewed 2453 times
Approved.png
Approved.png (16.8 KiB) Viewed 2453 times
 #43341  by jllort

In community version the easies way for doing it is link automation metadata based in folder name ( here must have a protocol where in any folder named XXX where will be uploaded a document, will be added this property group ).

For what I understood it's a business case, where you have several documents what are hold by distinct users. The most correct way for solving it is workflow what starts with record ( not available in community version ) and then require uploading document and metadata etc... Something similar might be done with folder ( like a record ), starting workflow in an specific record. For example folder what begins with BCASE-XXXX alwasys will create automatically two subfolders, start workflow and demand something ( upload document, metadata etc... ). Not trivial if you are not skilled with workflows, I suggest always when is possible going for more simply solution like the 2 automation you propose.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.