• Categories handling & error on public instance

• OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #43322  by greengold

Hi there!
I am just trying to explore "categories" concept but public demo instance of OKM is givving me "Error when communicationg with server (GetChilds)" error when trying to display categories.
I have also tried on mine downloaded community instance version 6.3.2 (build: 8289) where I have no error returned but I can only create a folder under categories but all other options to create/delete are grayed out.

Can you please advice how to manage this categories?

Thanks for the product!
 #43340  by jllort

Demo online is used by a lot of users, and sometimes users try to break the application, seems one of them had some success on it. Each weekend we reset the demo server with clean openkm ( monday is the best day in the week for testing the application ). However I have solved the problem and you can play with the categories again. The idea is quite easy. You create folder and from document view -> tab properties, you can link documents with categories. It's like navigating across documents in taxonomy but with other hierarchy. If you are interested in OpenKM I suggest you ask for a demo or subscribe in a metting where almost doubts can be solved and you will not lose a lot of time discovering the right way to solve your problems ( usually there's more than one way for solving them ).

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.