• adding roles to LDAP user

• OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #23335  by pogo

Hello.

I have working configuration with LDAP, users can login without problem. Problem is that I need to create some roles to restrict permisions to documents and folders but the button to add role is no visible.
Is this standard behavior, or I have a bad configuration?

Thanks a lot
 #23427  by jllort

OpenKM connect LDAP in readonly mode you do not create roles etc... from openkm to ldap. Users and roles are administered directly from your ldap manager utility.
 #43075  by onmstester

I wonder if the feature (to define new role in openkm while using ldap) been added?
You know i just can't give access to my ldap server to the openkm admin just for creating new roles.
 #43097  by jllort

I do not suggest manage your ldap server outside your centralized ldap managing tool. You will prevent surprises and mistakes. The idea of ldap is get all in a single point, also the management.

In professional vesion there's a mixed configuration what allows you to create roles into openkm and use users from ldap ( unfortunatelly this feature is still not present in community version ).
 #43114  by onmstester

Thanks, is there any plan to merge this feature in community version in near future?
I desperately need that one, and by looking at the database it does not seem to be so hard if just clone the code myself and create the static role names, but i can wait for some few weeks if it would be merged in original source code.
 #43118  by jllort

In few weeks we will do the final release to the community. This will be the last release based in 6.2 professional version and will contains with all the feature present in this version ( that means will be full released the professional version of 3 years ago ). Actually professional version goes for 6.4.31 and we are at the final stage of releasing what will be the 7.0.X we a lot of improvements.

Unfortunatelly, the version what comes with mix authentication ( users in ldap and roles into openkm database ) is the version 6.4.X, that means this feature will not be present in the next release.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.