• Backup Configurations

• OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #42784  by jimac

Hello,

Is it possible to backup all of my configurations in OpenKM?

For example like the user accounts and automations.

Thank you in advance.
 #42827  by jimac

What I am going to do is backup from HSQL and transfer them to a MySQL.
 #42838  by jllort

I suggest export entire repository ( Administration > export ) and then import into a fresh OpenKM installation.

To backup a HSQLDB the easies is stop OpenKM and zip the entire tomcat folder ( the database is into, and you are doing the database backup at the same time you are adding regular files into zip ). You can also move the zip backup to another computer, uncompress ( I suggest in same folder location ) and get running the backup from there.
 #42964  by jimac

Hello,

I zipped the entire tomcat folder from the old installation that uses HSQL and moved it (more likely replaced the tomcat folder) into a newly installed OpenKM that is configured to use a MySQL database. It seems like that it worked.

The question now is that does the newly installed OpenKM still uses the configured SQL database? Or does it use the default HSQL?
 #42984  by jimac

I did create a new repository based on MySQL, seems like it worked. Then I moved and merged the tomcat folder from the old installation that uses HSQL with the new installation. Did I do it right?
 #42999  by jllort

No, you must not merge older tomcat with newer. You must export all the repository ( Administration > Export ) and then in the new user the Administration -> Import

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.