• Forcing a user to enter metadata pre-upload

• We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #41823  by rdovell

Hello,

I would like to force a user to enter metadata and maybe validate that data before a file is successfully uploaded. Is there any way to achieve this?
 #41868  by jllort

This kind of logic is present at kcenter, but not in standard OpenKM UI. Basically from kcenter first we require for the metadata fields and after it we require uploading documents. The document uploaded in the second steps always inherit the metadata fields, filled by the user. From standard OpenKM UI can generate daily ( weekly ) reports looking for missing metadata fields and users who should fill them.

Kcenter is the full configurable OpenKM UI.
 #41969  by stiebs

So I have the opposite problem... Every time I upload a new document, it prompts me to enter meta-data. I need to accept it, and then delete the property group from the document. How can I turn this off?
 #41970  by stiebs

So it seems that I inadvertently selected a property group in the "Wizard" section of the default user "Profile" (This is the only profile I'm using). It doesn't seem possible to deselect a property group once selected though.

I've tried had to create a new dummy property group, then update the profile to use the dummy group. Then delete that property group and edit the profile again, making sure no property groups were selected in the wizard. But the wizard still prompts me to set properties.
 #41980  by jllort

You should use Automation for it. Using automation can decide where is shown the wizard and when not. Is you user profile is switching to all or nothing. Start reading here http://wiki.openkm.com/index.php/Automation

If you want to understanging how it works I suggest download the portable dev environment ( it comes with some automation samples ) https://sourceforge.net/projects/openkmportabledev/

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.