• Combining Workflows and Property Groups

• We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #41768  by rdovell

Hello,

I'd like to launch one of a number of property groups based on a value entered into an initial property group. Can you please tell me how to get the data from a property group and how to launch a property group via coding?

Thanks

-Rose
 #41784  by jllort

Correct me if I do not understood you. You want a workflow where you choose something. Then, on depending your initial choose show some forms. Is that ?
Could you prepare some mockup for better description of what you would like to see in each step ( upload the images here into a zip file ) ?
 #41806  by rdovell

jllort wrote:Correct me if I do not understood you. You want a workflow where you choose something. Then, on depending your initial choose show some forms. Is that ?
Could you prepare some mockup for better description of what you would like to see in each step ( upload the images here into a zip file ) ?
Here is what I'd like to see:

The user uploads a file,
Immediately (like a property group in a wizard) A property group appears with for example, a drop down with two choices. Depending on which choice the user picks, one of two other property groups will appear after they submit. Is there any way to do anything deterministic like that? I was thinking I would need to code a workflow that launches a property group, grabs the value of the variable created by the dropdown and then launches one of two other property groups but let me know if there is a simpler way to achieve this.
 #41812  by jllort

Actually to solve your problem you should use workflows. Think really you are showing a workflow form, when will be submited ( transaction ) the values are retrieved from form and inserted into OpenKM as metadata. Then depending the first workflow form value you must jump to some specific task where will be shown the correct form ( for each workflow form you need a workflow task ).

Here you will find information about workflows https://docs.openkm.com/kcenter/ and also should be interested in OpenKM portable edition what comes with OpenKM bundle and preconfigured IDE with workflow samples https://sourceforge.net/projects/openkmportabledev/

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.