• OpenKm-storage

• Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #41682  by ravikenn

Hello,

We are going to use OpenKm within our organization but before proceeding, wanted to know that, we are going to us AWS storage with Openkm/dms so in future if we make any change with storage provider/server like server change/DC change or location then how do we need to move or stored data from one service provider to another service provider or how to change/move stored data from one location to another location or server? Will there be any data loss or any problem for which will have to worry about it?

We will install Openkm on EC2 instance and will use S3 storage for openkm.

I hope you will understand our query and advise us accordingly.

Thanks,

Ravi
 #41694  by ravikenn

Hi,

One more query. Suppose we are using remote backup which is mounted on the linux web server where the Openkm is installed. We set repository.home=remote/backup/dir in Openkm.cfg and if in case our linux web server get crashed (where Openkm/DMS is installed) then we can setup new server by installing openkm on it no doubt. But can we set repository.home=remote/backup/dir as it is and access the data as it was with previous linux web server ?

Thanks,

Ravi.
 #41713  by jllort

You can use OpenKM in Amazon AWS and S3 storage ( but for performance reason, the server which is using S3 storage must be at Amazon, otherwise you will get a poor perfomance ).

About repository home in remote folder for backup, I do not understand what you have in mind ? Configure repository home for best performance and then think how to backup on a remote server etc...
 #41719  by ravikenn

Hello,

Thanks for the reply and sorry for the confusion.

We want to set repository path as a remote storage server location/directory in openkm.cfg file. Our query is suppose we want to reinstalled Openkm installation for any reason or want to install/move Openkm on another server in that case, can use our exiting repository with the same stored data with new installation or another Openkm installed server? Can we access the old repository data as its with new installation or another server?

As we have tried to do the same but unable to access the data from old repo using new installation. What we did is, we installed Openkm and configured home repo in openkm.cfg that is /root/openrepo then we removed openkm installation. After that we have again installed Openkm and configured home repo as it was previously that is /root/openrepo in openkm.cfg but unable to access the files/data which we have uploaded previously.

I hope you can understand now.

Ravi.
 #41720  by ravikenn

Hello,

further, we can export/import the data as you said in previous mail/update. But suppose, front end openkm installation get corrupted or crashed for any reason and can not export the the data/repo. In this case how can we access the stored data? Can we setup new openkm installation and access old repo as its with new installation or server ? If yes then how?

Please advise us.

Thanks,

Ravi.
Last edited by ravikenn on Wed May 04, 2016 6:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
 #41728  by jllort

If installation is corrupted and only affected webapp -> then simply should replace damaged installation files - OpenKM.war - clean webapp/OpenKM folder and work/Catalina/localhost and start application again ( basically do new installation with same version, with same OpenKM.cfg !!!! otherwise you will get creation and entire repository will be deleted and use repository folder and same database connection ).

We suggest do some simulation in other server. And before playing with production make backups and be sure you are able to restore correctly.

You are doing something wrong sure. Take in mind application needs repository folder and also database ( if you have not changed default installation it comes also into repository folder ). Be care with OpenKM.cfg -> by default hibernate.hbml = create ( if you start with this parameter value, entire repository will be deleted ).
 #47784  by jhonny_1904

Hi Raven,

Can you inform me the result with this scenario?
Do you possible to connect openkm with AWS S3?
ravikenn wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:23 pm Hello,

We are going to use OpenKm within our organization but before proceeding, wanted to know that, we are going to us AWS storage with Openkm/dms so in future if we make any change with storage provider/server like server change/DC change or location then how do we need to move or stored data from one service provider to another service provider or how to change/move stored data from one location to another location or server? Will there be any data loss or any problem for which will have to worry about it?

We will install Openkm on EC2 instance and will use S3 storage for openkm.

I hope you will understand our query and advise us accordingly.

Thanks,

Ravi
 #47804  by jllort

It is possible when the OpenKM application is into an Amazon server.
 #47805  by jhonny_1904

Hi Jlort,

My requirement is, i want to install openkm in a server in my data center.
Also i have and private HCP(hitachi object stroage) in the data center as well. This HCP works similar like AWS S3.
Is it possible to instal in on prem server and connect to HCP S3?
If possible, where can i inser the access key?
 #47831  by pavila

Right now OpenKM only supports filesystem and database datastore, but you can mount other storages as a filesystem in Linux. In https://cloud.netapp.com/blog/amazon-s3 ... ile-system you can find more information. In this other article you learn more about one of the options https://tecadmin.net/mount-s3-bucket-ce ... sing-s3fs/. Actually I've not tested any of them, so I can't help configuring any of them.

Regards.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.