• Preview not working

• OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #41635  by sunil

Had installed OpenKM 6.3 on windows server 2012.

Configurations seems fine.

I have tried to run all dependencies like convert.exe, pdf2swf.exe and open office services, all are working perfectly fine but when i click on any document (pdf or tiff or anyother), its showing starting conversion but then nothing happened. I tried everything but didn't got any solution.

Anyone who can help me with this???

Please reply ASAP.
 #41651  by jllort

A screenshot is welcome to understanding what are you watching in your screen. Did you have adobe flash players installed in your browser ? and is running ?
Which browser are you using ?
At Administration / Configuration which is the value of the parameter named "system.previewer"
Take a look at catalina.log file for some error while trying to preview the document ?
Is your PDF a big size one ?

Do you have acrobat reader installed, in case afirmative, you can enable from profiles the option "Acrobat plugin preview" ( but that means all users should have acrobat reader installed, otherwise will not be able to previewing anything ).
 #44987  by saman_s1

Hi,
I have a same problem, the openkm preview tab just shows pdf, and MS.office file like docx, dox, xlsx, ... wil not show at preview tab, also nothing shows in the properties tab as thumbnail. "Edited": also image will not shows in preview tab.

Here is more info:
-nothing shows in catalina.log while preview.
-the files are less than 1MB.
-system.previewer Select flexpaper
-flash player installed an enable on browser

-openkm has been installed on ubuntu server16.04 and openkm version attached.
-openkm configuration check attached.
-catalina log after restart tomcat attached.

let me know if you need more info.
thanks.
Attachments
openkm version
openkm version
version.jpg (23.86 KiB) Viewed 6972 times
starting convertion
starting convertion
starting conversion.jpg (55.17 KiB) Viewed 6972 times
configuration check
configuration check
configuration.jpg (20.13 KiB) Viewed 6972 times
catalina log after restart tomcat
(3.26 KiB) Downloaded 193 times
 #44995  by jllort

In the log is not shown any stack tracke error while trying to preview not PDF files ( for example word ones ). Please try to share with us the catalina.log where you have been trying to preview a document, you have sended the log file until the server has started we need something else. Should be shown and error there.
Check if you have a soffice application running after openkm is started
Code: Select all
ps ax | grep soffice
 #45033  by saman_s1

thansk for your response,
but I say that while openkm try to preview a word file for example, nothing shows in catalina.log !! also the same for txt or pdf file (that it shows preview), I mean while preview any type file nothing happen to catalina.log.

and here is soffice process:
#ps aux | grep soffice
openkm 2607 0.0 0.0 14224 1092 pts/0 S+ 07:09 0:00 grep --color=auto soffice
root 24103 0.0 0.8 856408 66384 ? Sl Dec04 0:01 /usr/lib/libreoffice/program/soffice.bin -accept=socket,host=127.0.0.1,port=2002;urp; -env:UserInstallation=file:///home/openkm/tomcat-7.0.61/temp/.jodconverter_socket_host-127.0.0.1_port-2002 -headless -nocrashreport -nodefault -nofirststartwizard -nolockcheck -nologo -norestore
root 24104 0.0 0.0 0 0 ? Z Dec04 0:00 [soffice.bin] <defunct>

is there more log file to check ?
 #45036  by jllort

for previewing txt or PDF files is not necessary the soffice service, should be previewed itself without any conversion process. This is not the case for previewing word document. See that your soffice says is defunt. Close OpenKM and look if there's still a defunc soffice running ( might be the reason why newer in not waking up ).
root 24104 0.0 0.0 0 0 ? Z Dec04 0:00 [soffice.bin] <defunct>
 #45044  by saman_s1

after close openkm it is still the same:

ps ax | grep soffice:

24103 ? Sl 0:02 /usr/lib/libreoffice/program/soffice.bin -accept=socket,host=127.0.0.1,port=2002;urp; -env:UserInstallation=file:///home/openkm/tomcat-7.0.61/temp/.jodconverter_socket_host-127.0.0.1_port-2002 -headless -nocrashreport -nodefault -nofirststartwizard -nolockcheck -nologo -norestore
24104 ? Z 0:00 [soffice.bin] <defunct>

then restart the tomcat :

19964 ? Sl 0:00 /usr/lib/libreoffice/program/soffice.bin -accept=socket,host=127.0.0.1,port=2002;urp; -env:UserInstallation=file:///home/openkm/tomcat-7.0.61/temp/.jodconverter_socket_host-127.0.0.1_port-2002 -headless -nocrashreport -nodefault -nofirststartwizard -nolockcheck -nologo -norestore
19965 ? Z 0:00 [soffice.bin] <defunct>
 #45063  by jllort

You should stop OpenKM and if there's some soffice.bin running, kill it. Seems for some reason while stopping tomcat has not been stopped the soffice process.
 #45093  by saman_s1

when I stop the openkm the also "soffice.bin" process killed and again when Start the openkm this will appear again
8142 ? Z 0:00 [soffice.bin] <defunct>
and it will not killed by "kill -9 command"

any other solution ?
 #45094  by jllort

Do you have installed OpenKM in a OS with desktop qui ?
After killing the soffice service is started another inmediatelly ?
Remember, if you are not using OpenKM 6.3.4 ( only available compiling the source code -> branch 6.3-dev ) the preview feature will require adobe flash player support from browser point of view.
When you trying to preview a word document, what kind of error is shown in the catalina.log file ( only are insterested in the stack trace of the error, please do not share with us the entire catalina.log file ).
 #45104  by saman_s1

Do you have installed OpenKM in a OS with desktop qui ?
- No, it is installed on ubuntu server without gui,
After killing the soffice service is started another inmediatelly ?
- No, the process will not killed, it is still alilve, with same PID.
adobe flash player support from browser point of view.
- Adobe flash player has been installed and enable, on chrome, firefox, and some other.
what kind of error is shown in the catalina.log file
- There is no error, warning, or any kind of log in catalina.log, when try to preview word document. nothing add to the catalina.log file.
 #45107  by jllort

Choose a .doc file and then from toolbar try to downloading as pdf. Here might happens two things or it goes right or must show some error in the log.
 #45867  by cherifmad

hello every body
I have also the same poblem
I have yet enable the openoffice path's previewer Image But the preview service is not operational Image
Ho can I fix this problem
 #45878  by jllort

You might check the log file ( catalina.log ) while OpenKM is starting, looking for some issue. I suspect soffice service is not starting. Check your environment variables, in 90% of the cases this is the reason why the soffice service is not startin ( https://docs.openkm.com/kcenter/view/ok ... tvariables )
 #45880  by cherifmad

jllort wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 1:33 pm You might check the log file ( catalina.log ) while OpenKM is starting, looking for some issue. I suspect soffice service is not starting. Check your environment variables, in 90% of the cases this is the reason why the soffice service is not startin ( https://docs.openkm.com/kcenter/view/ok ... tvariables )
thanks ,
I'll try and make you a comeback.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.