• Paginated Search does not cache results

• He we will discuss about how to make customization and improvement to the OpenKM source code.
He we will discuss about how to make customization and improvement to the OpenKM source code.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #41254  by flip

When I execute a paginated search, I expect the server to cache my Search, so when I switch to another page, it uses the stored page to show the next results.
We have the problem, that when we start a paginated search, the results don't seem to be saved and whenever the user switches to the next page, the whole search gets executed again and than submits another chunk of results. I noticed it while writing an own scoring algorithm, because it gets executed everytime the user switches the page.

We are using OpenKM 6.3.1 Community Version. We customized the standard search so that before the query gets submitted to Hibernate, we wrap it in an instance of LuceneCustomQuery to use our own scoring algorithm instead of the standard Lucene scoring algorithm.
We didn't modify the SearchDAO class. Instead we modified DBSearchModule. Underneath lies a postgres database.

Is this problem due to false settings, is it because we modified the query or is it something you have already addressed? If you already solved it, could you point me in the right direction please?

Kind regards

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.