• Email Notifications for all users

• OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #28680  by raquel3rs

Hello!

I am having a problem with my email notification settings. I configured the server.xml file as follows, but I can only send email if I am in the administrator account. If another user wants to send a notification email it gives the error : " com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPSendFailedException: 550 5.7.1 Client does not have permissions to send as this sender"

I know it's because in the configurations I have set in the from field the email of the admin, but I wanted to be able to send notifications from all users and not just the admin.
Code: Select all
 <Resource name="mail/OpenKM" auth="Container" type="javax.mail.Session"
                mail.transport.protocol="smtp"
                mail.smtp.auth="true"
                mail.smtp.host="mail.examlple.com"
                mail.smtp.port="587"
                mail.smtp.user="raquel"
                password="pass"
                mail.debug="true"
                mail.smtp.quitwait="false"
                mail.smtp.from="raquel@example.com"
        />
Is there a way that any user can send email notifications with their own email? or must the "from" field in the email always be the admin?

Thank you in advance!
 #28701  by jllort

That's a problem with your mail server configuration that can not be solved from OpenKM side. I will try to explain. OpenKM use only one maill account to send mails, for example example@openkm.com mail account. When userX wants to send a notification openkm uses example@openkm.com account but changes the from mail field to userX@openkm.com ( or what will be ). The problem with your mail server configuration is that has a restriction that is not allowing change from field and restricts only to example@openkm.com ( you can not change the sender to UserX using the mail account ).
 #40332  by richard

richard wrote:"When userX wants to send a notification openkm uses example@openkm.com account but changes the from mail field to userX@openkm.com ( or what will be )."
---is there any way to avoid changing the from mail field and let it keep using the example@openkm.com?
just fixed the sending issue, its caused by missing "mail.smtp.from" field in server.xml, the default is "mail.from".
 #40340  by jllort

Adding the attribute "mail.smtp.from" has been solved your problem ?
 #41917  by ahussain

Dears,
Could you please share the working configuration?

this is for self hosted mail server (not for gmail services)

Thanks you,
 #48558  by Sentry

jllort wrote: Sun May 25, 2014 8:08 am That's a problem with your mail server configuration that can not be solved from OpenKM side. I will try to explain. OpenKM use only one maill account to send mails, for example example@openkm.com mail account. When userX wants to send a notification openkm uses example@openkm.com account but changes the from mail field to userX@openkm.com ( or what will be ). The problem with your mail server configuration is that has a restriction that is not allowing change from field and restricts only to example@openkm.com ( you can not change the sender to UserX using the mail account ).
How to configuration the mail server ?
 #48586  by Sentry

jllort wrote: Sun May 25, 2014 8:08 am That's a problem with your mail server configuration that can not be solved from OpenKM side. I will try to explain. OpenKM use only one maill account to send mails, for example example@openkm.com mail account. When userX wants to send a notification openkm uses example@openkm.com account but changes the from mail field to userX@openkm.com ( or what will be ). The problem with your mail server configuration is that has a restriction that is not allowing change from field and restricts only to example@openkm.com ( you can not change the sender to UserX using the mail account ).
Whether OpenKM support config notification all user use the configuration mail account , need not change the from field ?

Thanks in advance.
 #48625  by jllort

It depends if your email server allow to overwrite the from field or not. If when you get this error when you try to send emails "com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPSendFailedException: 550 5.7.1 Client does not have permissions to send as this sender"" then your email configuration does not support it

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.