• Cron Task not getting executed

• OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #39717  by mohasinmujawar56

Hi, I am using OpenKM 6.3 on Windows 7 as well as on Windows Server 2008 R2.
I am facing problem regarding Cron Tasks. Cron Tasks are not getting automatically executed. But when executed manually from Administration then the tasks are getting executed properly. The logs also are not showing any errors or any information from which we can get an idea about the problem.

I have observed the file Cron.java is pulling the tasks from database. All tasks are getting pulled correctly but are not getting executed on their respective time interval. But when executed manually task is executed.
 #39810  by jllort

What you're telling us is quite strange, it happens with all crontab task or someone created by you ? The date ranges what appearing there are not changing ? can you capture some screenshot ? did you modified the source code in some manner ?
 #39873  by jllort

If date ranges are changing, that means the crontab task are executing. Why do you suspect task are not executed, if execution dates are changing that means the crontab task starts and ends on that time ?
 #39876  by mohasinmujawar56

I am suspecting because I am not seeing any changes in OpenKM folders. The mails are not getting imported automatically but if done manually from cron tab mails are getting imported.
 #39887  by jllort

Quite strange, because if crontab dates changes it means the tasks are executed ( other question is into could be some error when are executed by crontab task ). When you execute from administration UI, you're acting as administrator but crontab use other context.

My suggestion is check this issue in our portable dev environment ( there you can debug and check the issue ) https://sourceforge.net/projects/openkmportabledev/

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.