• PDF Preview Problem

• We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #39387  by syrac

Hi,

im using the community windows version of OpenKM.
Trying to have a look at the previe of an pdf i get the following error:
Code: Select all
IO exception executing command: /opt/openkm/bin/pdf2swf -f -T 9 -t -s storeallcharacters C:\DMS\tomcat\temp\okm3617154031557869597.pdf -o C:\DMS\tomcat\repository\cache\swf\53d85e7c-fdc7-4dd5-89e3-0db9ea8df039.swf
Updated the pdf2swf.exe. dosnt help.

Logfile attached.
Attachments
(17.04 KiB) Downloaded 166 times
 #39401  by jllort

Exists this file in your files system /opt/openkm/bin/pdf2swf ?
Does the user who's executing openkm grants to execute this file ?

Try utility from command line to see if exists some problem ? download the pdf you're trying to preview and then from command line execute the same command.
/opt/openkm/bin/pdf2swf -f -T 9 -t -s storeallcharacters in.PDF -o out.swf

I suspect for the output path you're on windows ( then this path has no sense and should be modified to your $Tomcat/bin folder ). Also you can install http://www.swftools.org/ and change on administration -> configuration parameters the path of the tool -> looking for system.pdf2swf property
 #39414  by syrac

Thanks for your reply,

i dont think there is an problem with the conversion to swf. The previe for xls, doc and docx isn't working too.
not even a preview of a .txt file can be created. (Conversion: Error in text/plain to PDF conversion)

I just installed openkm directly on C: and run the "Start OpenKM" as Administrator. Accessing via localhost:8080 = no preview.

Greetz,
Sy
 #39433  by jllort

You must check from command line, the same command line internally is executed by openkm to see if there's some problem or not.

Is quite dificult explain conversion process because distinct mime-type have distinc process. But xls, doc and docx first are converted to pdf, and then from pdf to swf. Then you must doing two checks ( first can be done from OpenKM UI -> download document as pdf, and the second from command line ).

Finally, be sure your browser has installed flashplayer and is running correctly ( test flash player support ).

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.