• Can't access OpenKM from the network

• Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #351  by bcs112

Installed OpenKm on a Windows 2000 server yesterday, followed the tips regarding adding the \"-b 0.0.0.0\" parameter when starting run.bat. I can now access OpenKM using the ip address of the host computer, from the host computer.

I can however not connect to OpenKM from any other computer on the network nor via the internet. I have opened the 8080-FTP port on the router and forward any calls on this port to the OpenKM host PC.

Note that I also have Apache running on the same host PC, not sure if that has anything to do with it ?

Björn
 #352  by pavila

It seems to be a network related issue. Perhaps is a firewall configuration. By the way, 8080 is not the FTP port.
 #355  by bcs112

Ooops, yes I meant 8080-TCP.

All other network related stuff seem to work fine (External desktop, FTP server, Webserver, file sharing). Do I need to set explicit permissions so the OpenKM directory is shared via windows shared folder ? That would seem a bit strange though...

Has anyone else tried using OpenKM on a Windows 2000 Server ?
Did it work \"out of the box\" ?
Are there any other tests I could do to locate the problem with the installation ?

Thanks,
Björn

EDIT: All of a sudden OpenKM is working, didn\'t change anything it just started working :huh:
 #357  by pavila

JBoss listen at port 8080 by default, so (if you have started JBoss with the -b 0.0.0.0 option) you only have to open port 8080 if there is a firewall. If there is no firewall, port 8080 should be accesible from any machine in the network. Anyway, this is not an OpenKM related issue, is a JBoss related issue. I\'ve tested JBoss + OpenKM in a Windows XP machine and there is no problem.
 #1258  by blandobardo

I flushed my iptables on linux and opened all connections by default on iptables, now I can access OpenKM only throug

http://localhost:8080/OpenKM

and not

http://192.168.1.15:8080/OpenKM

below are my iptables so you know what I\'m talking
Code: Select all
# iptables -L -n
Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT)
target     prot opt source               destination         
ACCEPT     all  --  0.0.0.0/0            0.0.0.0/0           state RELATED,ESTABLISHED 
ACCEPT     tcp  --  192.168.1.0/24       0.0.0.0/0           tcp dpt:8080 

Chain FORWARD (policy DROP)

Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT)
ACCEPT     all  --  0.0.0.0/0            0.0.0.0/0           state NEW,RELATED,ESTABLISHED 

Chain INBOUND (0 references)

Chain LOG_FILTER (0 references)

Chain LSI (0 references)

Chain LSO (0 references)

Chain OUTBOUND (0 references)
It might be a JBOSS problem but anyway it\'s OpenKM which starts it, maybe you could tell us how to pass some arguments at start to JBOSS (I looked in run.sh but couldn\'t find much)
 #1263  by jllort

You\'ve tried to execute jboss with \"run.sh \"-b 0.0.0.0\" or \"\"run.bat -b 0.0.0.0\" on windows with it options binds service on all network interfaces.
 #1796  by Amith Sukhu

Hi.

I am new to both JBoss and OpenKM so please forgive any \'rookie\' characteristics. I am using a Windows XP Pro machine. When I supply the -b 0.0.0.0 parameter to the run.bat, I can\'t access OpenKM from either the host machine or another one on the network. Currently, I can only use OpenKM with the standard run.bat and can only access it from the host machine. Does anybody out there have any ideas on why the -b 0.0.0.0 parameter is not working for me?

Regards,
 #1799  by jllort

It\'s really very strange your case, try to put this issue on the jboss forum because seems to happen something very strange on your computer and it\'s an abnormal jboss running.

Do you have other application server, tomcat or something simillar installed on this server, the server log not show any error ? Some firewall problem ?
 #1802  by alloydog

Try this:

Start OpenKM from a terminal with:
run.sh -b 0.0.0.0 (for Linux)
run.bat -b 0.0.0.0 (for Windows)

Remember to keep the terminal open.

On another PC, open a web browser at the address:
http://<server.ip.address>:8080/OpenKM

This thread might help: Remote connection to server
 #1803  by Amith Sukhu

Hi again.

Thank you for your replies. I have checked the firewall and port settings and they seem to be fine.
Just to reiterate, when I run the command \"run.bat -b 0.0.0.0\", the command window shows that JBoss is started and ready but i can\'t access OpenKM from either the machine running it or other machines. It only works without the \"-b 0.0.0.0\" parameter but then it is only accessible from the host machine. I\'m taking a look on the JBoss forums to see if anybody has encountered a similar issue.

Regards,
 #1862  by Amith Sukhu

I have an update on this situation.

Perhaps it may even prove useful to somebody out there. The aforementioned problems occurred when I was remotely logged in to the host machine. When I was physically at the machine that hosts this service, I had no issues. As far as I know, being logged in remotely should not be a problem, but for whatever reason, it was the reason I had these issues. In my case at least, I can’t do any admin without being at the machine. If I had an actual server in a server cabinet, doing any admin would be quite the pain. :)

Regards.
 #15365  by beckhj

Hi!

I just started with OpenKM. I first tried it on my local computer - no problem.

Than I installed it on my server (Windows Home Server 2011). I added also the -b 0.0.0.0 to the run.bat file, but I can't start OpenKM with the line
http://192.168.1.106:8080/OpenKM

When I connect by RemoteDesctop to my server, http://localhost:8080/OpenKM starts OpenKM without any problems.

HAs anybody a hint for me??

Best regards
Hans-Joachim
 #15368  by vkasgpta

try this:
uninstall the remote softwares
restart your pc
run the command without the \ (i saw you had a \ in the ", so i assume you typed
run.bat 0.0.0.\

no "\"

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.