• 6.3.0 community failed to start component

• Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #31462  by snowman

Hello,

I tried to update from 6.2.5 to 6.3.0 but it wont work. I tried the migration guide as well as fresh install using openkm+tomcat bundle. I always get the same error in catalina.log:
org.apache.catalina.LifecycleException: Failed to start component
and later:
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/openkm/core/PathNotFoundException
[...]
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.openkm.core.PathNotFoundException

Unfortunately, there is no other hint on whats wrong.
Skimming through other threads I checked java version, etc. Version is the same as for 6.2.5. No reason why it should fail.

Thank you for any hint you can give.
Attachments
log after start
(1.37 KiB) Downloaded 197 times
 #31470  by jllort

has the user with you're starting openkm enought grants to write in the /data/bin/openkm-6.3.0/tomcat/ folder ?
 #31475  by snowman

everything (download from sourceforge,unpacking, starting) was done using root. Unfortunately I cannot find a reference on which "path not found".
Is there any other reference pointing outside the package apart from java?
 #31491  by jllort

Be sure application is starting with jdk 1.7 and not much else. My suggestion is start from console $TOMCAT_HOME/bin/catalina.sh run

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.