• How to send a file attachement with notification emails

• OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #30582  by cimalink

Hello,

I'm using OpenKM Version: 6.3.0 (build: 8156)
When i upload a new file into OpenKM, a notification email is sent to subscibed users, containing a link to the document (this is great).
But I need the file to be sent in attachment in the notification email.
I've searched the forum and the web and i can't find how i can do that.
Anybody got an idea?
 #30596  by jllort

Basically notification, when create or edit new document only advice user in text mode, not with attachement. Could be implemented this feature with and extra checkbox, but basically we've thought in almost cases when you want to notify something you want to send a link not an attachment. That's the reason why is you show contextual menu or file menu you'll find separate option to send attahchment.

If you want to get it on 6.3 should be changed source code to include this option.
 #30598  by cimalink

Thanks for your answer.
I understand your reasons.
But i have users with really old version of Java, they cannot upgrade due to Strict user policies in their company.
They have big problem with OpenKM, so i want them to receive the file in attachement.
I will explore other options.

Thanks

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.