• Electronic signature

• Help us to improve OpenKM! Be part of the Open Source Community.
Help us to improve OpenKM! Be part of the Open Source Community.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the forum search function.
 #2991  by stargaizer

Hello,

are there any plans to support signatures? Or does the JCR specification support this?

Matthias
 #3012  by jllort

Yes, Signital signature is planned and studied how must be implemented. Is an enhancement studied but not yet planned when we\'ll do it.
 #5616  by jllort

Yes, it'll be developed as a openkm plugin ( but depending your country it could be some diference ). Althought it'll be done as OpenKM 5.0. plugin it'll not comes with default intallation ( we're actually studying with which plugin will comes 5.0 and which it'll needed to buy, etc... )
 #44297  by dferguson

I have found the Digital Signature toolkit 1.0.2, but is it compatible with a Linux deployment? The downloaded version I found seems to be a Windows only installer.
 #44301  by dferguson

Never mind, I found that the Digital Signature Toolkit works in Windows (on the client level) to upload and attach a digital signature to the pdf directly to the repository (which is on a Linux vm). Not quiet what I was expecting, but should be sufficient.
 #44330  by jllort

Digital signature tools comes only for windows. There are another options for digital signature but needs all of them some kind of customization. That's the reason why we have only released a windows version what covers almost cases, however there're other services like automatic signature, safe repository based in long term signatures system or sign server integration ( based in rest ) among other options like biometric signature or thirdparty integrations.
 #44364  by dferguson

I have tried using the digital signature tool and it seems fine until a second signature is applied through the tool by a second user. It invalidates the first signature. Am I doing this wrong?
 #44375  by jllort

Why do you think the second signature invalidates the first ?
Explain the process how you are signing ( step by step, from the first until the second, with small description what help us imagine how the user is doing it ).
 #44384  by dferguson

I can add a doc to the OpenKM Digital Signature Client and apply a signature just as it is intended. Open the doc shows that signature is applied and valid.

Upon adding a second signature (by a second user) through the OpenKM Digital Signature Client all goes well and the document is updated in OpenKM.

However when I download that doc and look at the signatures, only the last signature is valid. When I try to look at the previous signatures in the Signature Panel it says that the document has been corrupted.

I have since developed a workflow without the OpenKM Digital Signature Client, but I will reproduce the error and try to post up some screen captures.
 #44393  by jllort

If it's possible you share with us the 3 documents ( not signed, with one signature and with two signature will try to review it ). Also do some screenshots for understanding how are you doing the second signature and will try to reproduce in the same way.
 #46933  by dferguson

Sorry to not have followed up on this. We have decided to use the document Notes feature to track document approvals and will abandon the use of document signatures.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.