• OpenKM Professional Customization Limitations

• Help us to improve OpenKM! Be part of the Open Source Community.
Help us to improve OpenKM! Be part of the Open Source Community.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the forum search function.
 #29548  by infynitii

I am interested in customizing OpenKM Professional. From my understanding it is a very flexible platform. With the professional edition the source code is not provided. My question is, what can not be customized without having access to the source code? Since the source code is not provided what type of customization's are only available with access to the source code. I am not a developer but I am trying to determine what I can and cannot do.

Thank you in advance for any help or direction.
 #29561  by jllort

This is not exactly. Source code can be provided at the present some partners got it with special contract. Before arrive there what's interesting is to understand what you want to do and determine if really you need access to the source code or if the idea you got in mind is good or not. For us the most important thing is not you explain I want these or that feature, for us the most. important thing is understanding in deep the kind of problem you want to solve and that help us to provide you several ways to solve it ( probably one better than others ). If you're interested on it I suggest you talk directly with us, you got a contact form in our website at http://www.openkm.com/en/contact.html

A final consideration. In all cases we've shared source code is because the changes are relevant and the implementation need the customer really needs it. We're also working in other direction because not all can be configured as people needs. For it last year our effors has been going to the SDK direction in order get easy way to build apps outside openkm to acomplish with specific customer requirements. Force apps to do something for what are not prepared is not good idea, we do not believe any customizable apps could cover 100% of cases, sometimes people force the situations, for it we think in some cases is better build you own UI, here can see a simply example of it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0M5M-XPXUs

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.