• Edited by null

• We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #2907  by dignan

I\'m saying that you should allow admins to delete documents and cancel checkouts from the regular UI, not from the repository viewer.
 #2910  by jllort

Excuses, I\'ve not understand you.

It might be thinking about it, to study diferent scenarios I can imagine, for example:

1- Case some users is out office and need to cancel editing.
2- Or for example some old users, that now no work on company and had locked, edited some documents. Probably in this scenario you\'ve deleted user from database users.

Here I can think on two ways that admin could operate:
1- as admin with super grants, that does anything.
2- as admin that can suplan for some operation users, and this operations are done as users made.

I think for security and coherence with internal log trace, the first way is the most accurate.

That\'s your idea ?
 #2911  by dignan

Yes, that\'s my idea. More along the lines of the first option.
 #4149  by pito

So, if I understand it correctly only user that checked out a file is allowed to cancel checkout. Not even administrator is allowed to do this. Is that right? I tried it and it is like that in case I am not doing some mistake.

What should one do in case that someone "forgot" to check in a file or cancel checkout and went to vacation or is not working for the company anymore and someone else wants to edit the file? Answer "It should not happen" is not sufficient for me because I am 99.9999% sure that it WILL happen. Is it possible to enable to force "cancel checkout" somehow at least for admin users? To reset password or (re)create an account every time it happens is not very "comfy". I did not find repository browser in the version 4.0.

Thank you
 #4150  by jllort

There're some hidden adminitration in OpenKM/admin/ I think it's what you're looking for.

About navigate to jackrabbit repository or change user password to login into this account, I suggest the second solution.
 #4170  by pito

Thank you.

Just a question: what is the big issue in allowing administrator users to force Checkout cancel (I mean through regular GUI)? It is cleaner then changing passwords when somebody "forgets" and at least in my experience people are forgetting pretty often.
 #4177  by jllort

Users can change some account values in tools / preferences menu ( there's password account, mail etc... )
 #4180  by pito

Sorry, did not get the point. I do not want users to change their password (at least not through OpenKM since I am using LDAP as user database). I want, as administrator, to be able to cancel checkouts of users that are away, retired etc. through GUI (right click on file/Checkout cancel) without logging in through their account. And maybe also to search for all locked/Checkedout files of particular users and then unlock/"cancel checkout" for the whole or part of the search result with only 1 simple group operation.
 #4190  by jllort

OK,

For it you've got a hidden administration at OpenKM/admin/ it'll be the next administration by default in release 5.0. Here you can browse across all repository estructure and change the status of each node ( documents and folders are nodes with properties ). Be care ( take a look first the data of closed document before changing the locked ).

Hope it helps you

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.