• Certified email management (Italian PEC)

• Help us to improve OpenKM! Be part of the Open Source Community.
Help us to improve OpenKM! Be part of the Open Source Community.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the forum search function.
 #28906  by andy

Hello, I'm testing OpenKM in a public sector office environment in Italy.

I noticed that email management doesn't cope well with Italian Certified email (PEC, Posta elettronica certificata).

These emails are structured on multiple levels. The top level is an 'envelope' (multipart/mixed) with its digital signature in PKCS#7 format ('smime.p7s'). Inside the 'envelope' are textual data and the email message proper (message/rfc822, 'postacert.eml') as an attachment. A complete technical description can be found in RFC 6109 and, as I understand it, it conforms to S/MIME V3 (RFC 2633).

In practice these emails are correctly downloaded from the sever but you get only the display of the toplevel textual description data and the 'smime.p7s' signature file as an attachment.

It would be very good if the email manager could correctly interpret this format and extract the complete message ('postacert.eml') and its attachements. Something like recursively crawling the email tree...

Would anybody be interested in picking up the developement of this feature? Certified email is a required comunication channel between public sector agencies in Italy, so interest might be widespread.
 #28920  by jllort

In latest professional version we're able to save binary mail as raw. I think that could solve the problem you experimenting now.

Consider we can import mails from several channels; mail server, import eml or msg file or across outlook addin. I'm sure with the last will not be compatible what you wish without some extra work, but with others I think could be reasonable compatibility.
 #29065  by pavila

Keep on mind that latest professional version has many improvement related to mail importing, handling and previsualization.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.