• Taxonomy (folder tree) didn't show up in IE browser

• We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #28766  by taihung

After upgrading to 6.3.0, Taxonomy (folder tree) didn't show up when using internet explorer.
I've tried IE 8 and IE 11, both have the same problem.
Chrome and Firefox are ok.

Database: MySQL
Attachments
Taxonomy (folder tree) didn't show up
Taxonomy (folder tree) didn't show up
empty tree.jpg (65.89 KiB) Viewed 3499 times
 #28793  by jllort

First of all I want to encourage all IT engineers to suggest your users do not use any IE version, it's buggy, slower. Secondly we're sure in IE must going right, I suggest test in a clean computer with IE because probably you got some software installed in this computer like ( antivirus, ad killer or similar ) that's not helping you. What software ? sincerely can be anything.
 #28870  by jcropper

I am seeing the same results from my machines when trying to view in Internet Explorer. I have tested on a freshly restored computer and I see the same view. I have tested with IE 9, 10 and 11. All show the same way. Firefox shows perfectly. I would love to have all my users move away from IE and to Firefox, but management above me refuses to allow me to switch everyone over.
 #28890  by jllort

OpenKM is based on GWT framework. Google for example advice several year ago that the framework will no longer support IE version 6 because there're was a lot of bugs and were tired patching and doing so specific code for this version, for it they decide do not offer more support for this version. Althought version 7 and 8 seems are better could exists some problems on it. Arrived some moment is impossible maintaining compatibility with historical versions and specially IE family what have a lot of problems. My suggestion is try to give arguments - based on security, stability, performance, etc... - to your users and jump to other browser like chrome or firefox. I you can get a minimal group of users into your company migrated the other will follow there, because they'll see they colleagues have less problems.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.