• problem with create method in webservice

• Do you want to create a native client or integrate with third party applications: webservices are the solution.
Do you want to create a native client or integrate with third party applications: webservices are the solution.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #25424  by reza_dev

I want to upload file with webservice in openkm.
it dosn't work to upload large file.
when i want to upload file with 500mb size i get this error
Failed to allocate a managed memory buffer of 509546832 bytes. The amount of available memory may be low.
 #25448  by jllort

Which language are you using to connect OpenKM Api ? the error seems in .net but I want to be sure.

Other question, do you get some error in catalina.log file or you do not see anything there ?
 #25485  by jllort

try looking in google for "c# webservices Failed to allocate a managed memory buffer".

Here are some links which can give us some light
http://www.codeproject.com/Questions/18 ... vise-versa here talks about "You should add maxBufferSize and maxReceivedMessageSize in your app.config file."

Please share with us if you've been able to solve it with this kind of changes. I will add a comment in our wiki that can help other users with similar problem.
 #28372  by online100

The issue you are running into is actually a limitation intended by Microsoft. They don't want windows services to be able to call into the ActiveX interface for Microsoft Office for security reasons. If you are deploying your web service to the NI Application Web Server on Windows you will run into this problem since the web server is a Windows Service.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.