• chm file type and indexing

• Help us to improve OpenKM! Be part of the Open Source Community.
Help us to improve OpenKM! Be part of the Open Source Community.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the forum search function.
 #602  by johan

Just a small feature request.

Is this feasible, or does this imply lot of work ?

This should be great because a l;ot of doc are provided in the chm format.

Thx

Johan
 #603  by jllort

Meanwhile we do it on next release if you want to do it yourself try to search on this forum \"mime\" and you\'ll find some entries where it\'s explained how to do.
 #604  by johan

hi,

For importing/uploading chm files, I did already changed the mime.types files. That\'s no problem, although the indexing of those file type is more of my concern. I got many chm\'s files, and I\'m looking for a way to search for relevant content. Chm is not in the list, That\'s the reason for this \'feature request\'. Now I have to open every chm file,and type in the keywords.

Concerning mime types, could this be moved to a more admin friendly configuration file ? I think companies should have the possibilities to decide easily which file types they want support.

btw

Have a nice weekend.
 #616  by pavila

We are planning a better MIME management for the next release.
 #1241  by blandobardo

agree on chm upload, even without indexing at least let them be uploadable.
I don\'t deem it very difficult to implement, as chm basically are zipped html files, hope to see this feature soon.

thanks
 #1338  by johan

Hi,

Thanks for adding chm tot the release 3 :).
Is the chm indexing planned for the final version ?

grts

jo
 #1341  by pavila

No, but we are open to contributions :)
 #1342  by johan

I will try :)

Anyone with some java programming knowledge eager to help ? My java experience is starting soon if i got my hand on this.

Any hints where to start looking in the code ?

Or is it another kind of contribution you had in mind ($) :)

Greets
 #1344  by pavila

Ja, ja. I was thinking in contributing with code, but money is always welcomed ;)
 #2676  by michiel

bump-
any update on this yet, im eagerly waiting for chm indexing aswell a lot of documents are released as chm files and it would be nice to make them searchable.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.