• Joomla Explorer

• OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #22940  by iamkhris

Has anyone had any successful experience getting this to work? The problem I'm having is as soon as I select a document, I get a "Restricted Access" error. I can browse through OpenKM folders from within Joomla Explorer, and I can see all the files etc, but as soon as I click on a file, I get the above error. I'm using Joomla 2.5.8 and the appropriate Joomla Explorer plugin.

I've since tried setting up a test site with Joomla 3.1 and the appropriate Explorer plugin, however I can't even get into the configuration without an error.

I've done some searching but have found nothing to aid in resolving this issue. Suggestions?

Thanks
 #22986  by jllort

Us we got here running http://www.openkm.com/en/support/documents.html without major problems, and be sure it's the same version you're using.

Let us to see some screenshot to understand the possible cause of the problem. Have you following the steps detailed in http://wiki.openkm.com/index.php/Joomla_explorer
 #23039  by iamkhris

I followed the detailed setup guide, but whenever I click on a document, I get a blank white page with "Restricted access" in the upper left corner.

Does OpenKM and the Joomla installation need to be on the same server? Currently our OpenKM installation and Joomla installation are on two separate servers.
 #23049  by jllort

No there's no needed to be on same server. For what you told, you can browser across folders and files no ? but the error comes when you try to download files is that ?
 #23056  by iamkhris

Yes, that's correct. I have no problems browsing through the folder structure, and I can see all the folders and filenames. As soon as I click on a file (regardless of filetype, .doc, .xls, .png, etc), I get the "Restricted access" error.
 #23078  by jllort

In administration the openkm url you set ends with / or without ?

If that not solves the problem, take a look at the downloading url you should see:
http://www.openkm.com/components/com_op ... y.pdf&id=1

1- ensure you have enought grants to execute download.php.
2- try to debug php file.
 #23092  by iamkhris

"http://192.168.100.36:8080/OpenKM/index.jsp" That is the line I have in my OpenKM config for application.url. I tried removing the index.jsp but that didn't help either.

I gave the my apache webserver user full access to the com_openkm folder, but no help there either. Still getting the "Restricted access" error.

This is the URL that is being generated by the component.

http://xxxxxxxxxx.com/components/com_op ... t/Policies and Procedures/Mobile/Mobile Policy & Procedures Table of Contents.docx&id=2

I've also tried setting up a new folder without any spaces in it, and uploaded a document without spaces. Same error.
 #23100  by jllort

Can you try with document name without special chars like '&' ( path and document name without spaces and & , I think & can be identified as parameter -> if we do not doing url enconde we should do it, it's possible bug ).
When I was talking about url I was talking about joomla url not configured into OpenKM parameters.
confirm to us, probably we will change download by uuid which sure will not have problems.
 #23128  by iamkhris

I did try creating a test folder without any spaces or special characters, as well as a file without any spaces or special characters, however I get the same error.

"When I was talking about url I was talking about joomla url not configured into OpenKM parameters." - I'm not sure what you mean here. Could you please elaborate?
 #23129  by jllort

In this screenshot http://wiki.openkm.com/index.php/File:O ... de_338.png you can see OpenKM url ends with / can you ensure in your case ends with / too. And the same with the path /okm:root in your case your path without ends with /

In each case with / or not like you see in screenshot. Basically is to be sure in path there's no bug.

Any error in your apache log server ?
Which openkm version are you using ?
 #23130  by iamkhris

Checked my configuration and it matches the screenshot.

64bit OpenKM 6.2.3 Community Edition installed on Ubuntu 10.04 64bit

I'll have to check the apache logs tomorrow when I'm back at work.
 #23141  by jllort

Should be some error, otherside will be needed to add some entries for log what's happening.
 #23153  by rbahntje

Some problem:

OpenKM 6.2.3
Joomla! 3.1.1 Stable

The error come from in $APACHE_HOME/$JOOMLA_HOME/components/com_openkm/classes.php

I ve commented the line
defined( '_JEXEC' ) or die( 'Restricted access3' );

And it´s working. I am missing something in the configuration?
As far as I know, commenting this line will cause some security vulnerabilities with path exposure
 #23165  by iamkhris

rbahntje wrote: The error come from in $APACHE_HOME/$JOOMLA_HOME/components/com_openkm/classes.php

I ve commented the line
defined( '_JEXEC' ) or die( 'Restricted access3' );
Thanks for this tip! I've tried the same thing, except I've had to comment out the line in both clase.php and download.php, and now it works as expected.

Any ideas why this is behaving like it is?

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.