• What about printed documents management ?

• Help us to improve OpenKM! Be part of the Open Source Community.
Help us to improve OpenKM! Be part of the Open Source Community.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the forum search function.
 #20632  by gelinp

Hi,

I understand OpenKm as document management system for numeric files. But what about printed documents management ? What is needed is not a lot, like index cards system we need a specific card to index printed documents. Into this card I need to edit title, author, resume... and finally a cotation to indiquate the folder to look for finding the paper. With this OpenKM will be a mixed document management system for numeric and printed documents.

What do you think of this function ?

Patrick
Last edited by gelinp on Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
 #20673  by jllort

You're talking about record management. We started working on it on November 2012 but is still no finished and can not be released because it's needed some work to have an acceptable primary version ( will not be completed with all feature we got in mind but at least it will be able to start using it ).
 #20751  by gelinp

Ok, thank you to developpe this extension very important for many peoples !

Will it be possible to use the Thesaurus with this record management extension ?

Could you please give us an approximative date for the publication ?

Thank you.
 #20791  by jllort

A realistic aproximation is during this year, but I can not give to you and exact date. The idea is got professional version with it before july ( really we got a basic implementation yet done but for my point of view need two or four weeks to have more complete ). Record management will have two parts, on based in actual openkm UI and other based in build external application to build workflows based on record ( this part will need a lot of work to make something customizable ).

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.