• OpenKM-6.2.0-community

• Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #18660  by Fendy

i have problem about installation openkm-6.2.0-community, after the installation completed.Could you help me why i can't access http://localhost:8080/OpenKM?

hereby the screenshot of my monitor:
 #18676  by jllort

Seems you have started application, any error in log ? which is your OS and at which path you have installed ?
 #18688  by Fendy

The installation of OpenKM-6.2.0-community has been succeed, but now i can't connecting the OpenKM-6.2.0-community from PC's client. Could you please help me immediately?

Thanks,
 #18692  by macjaeger

Is OpenKM installed on the same machine from which you try to connect? Is it linux or windows? Is tomcat started? Are there any errors in tomcats logfile?

Bytheway: that screenshot of your computer - i can't read anything on it.
 #18697  by jllort

in $TOMCAT_HOME/conf/server.xml you should change address="127.0.0.1" to "0.0.0.0"

sorry but we have not yet completed all documentation in wiki
 #18701  by davorsuker

Thanks for the new community version. I have tried several versions these day. Finally I chose 5.1.10 before I saw 6.2.0.
I know you are very busy. The documents haven't been updated now. I have a quesion about how to migrate 5.1.10 to 6.2.0? There is no guide now. And now openKM uses Tomcat in 6.x. I don't know how to config it.
Thanks.
 #18706  by jllort

Repository exporter 5.1.11 is compatible with repository importer at 6.2.x ( if you have metadata mark, if you want to import all document versions mark history )

Then you should migrate users ( hsql queries ):
Code: Select all
SELECT 'INSERT INTO OKM_USER (USR_ID, USR_NAME, USR_PASSWORD, USR_EMAIL, USR_ACTIVE) VALUES (''' + USR_ID + ''', ''' + USR_NAME + ''', ''' + USR_PASSWORD + ''', ''' + USR_EMAIL + ''', ''' + USR_ACTIVE + ''');' FROM OKM_USER;
SELECT 'INSERT INTO OKM_ROLE (ROL_ID, ROL_ACTIVE) VALUES (''ROLE_' + ROL_ID + ''', ''' + ROL_ACTIVE + ''');' FROM OKM_ROLE;
SELECT 'INSERT INTO OKM_USER_ROLE (UR_USER, UR_ROLE) VALUES (''' + UR_USER + ''', ''ROLE_' + UR_ROLE + ''');' FROM OKM_USER_ROLE;
And grant names
Code: Select all
UPDATE OKM_NODE_ROLE_PERMISSION SET NRP_ROLE='ROLE_USER' WHERE NRP_ROLE = 'UserRole';
UPDATE OKM_NODE_ROLE_PERMISSION SET NRP_ROLE='ROLE_ADMIN' WHERE NRP_ROLE = 'AdminRole';
I suggest you waiting we finishing this section about how doing it ... I'm not totally sure if it's needed something more, this sure it's necessary.
 #18707  by davorsuker

Thanks for your reply. Take your time.
I have a question about "Compact history" function. It seems it isn't discussed a lot in the forum.
I am realy afraid that some users will delete all the history version of a file. Is it a way to avoid it? Or we can export or backup the file versions?
Thanks and have a good weekend.
 #18708  by jllort

In professional version the security is extensible and can be added security property called compact, in comunity is not present and any user with write grants can compact it. With community version we have shared two extensions, impiring on it you could try make your own history panel with your own rules.

About export, fromversion 5.1.x ( I do not remember the exact version ) is possible to export documents with all history version.
 #18756  by stiebs

I managed to get 6.2 up and going pretty painlessly, but the mobile version doesn't work for me - I just get the full desktop version rendered on my phone and tablet. Is there a setting somewhere that I need to do to force mobile version?
 #18777  by jllort

Mobile version from 5.x to 6.x has not been updated. Basically from version 5.x to 6.x has several changes on search engine and the mobile feature needs some working. If anyone can help on it adapting version 5.x to 6.x is wellcome.
 #18809  by Stormspace

Fendy wrote:i have problem about installation openkm-6.2.0-community, after the installation completed.Could you help me why i can't access http://localhost:8080/OpenKM?

hereby the screenshot of my monitor:
I have this same error.

What I've done so far trying to use localhost:
1) Installed the Java JDK
2) Installed OpenKM from the exe on the download page.
3) Tried to use the 0.0.0.0 fix listed above.
4) Tried to run the application directly from the catalina.bat file instead of using the short cuts created on the desktop.
5) Tried running all batch files above as admin

Things I noticed:
1) The Wiki refers to JBoss quite a bit, that doesn't seem to install with the 6.2 package on windows.
2) The default install folder is in the Program Files folder.
3) I cannot find the \bin\run.bat file to set up the access from other computers.

Right now I'm working on a proof of concept before investing any money, so if I can't get this one working I'll try another. However this app seems like the best one out there, so any help would be appreciated.
 #18817  by macjaeger

Can you verify that tomcat (in 6.x it's tomcat instead of jboss) is running? Examine the windows tasklist and have a look inside the logs (found in openkm/tomcat/logs). If tomcat is running, but cannot be reached, there might be windows firewall troubles. If tomcat doesn't start at all, there must some other problem, perhaps missing java in path.

From my experience, running a web/app server in Linux is easier than in Windows; I do all testing in a virtual machine running ubuntu 12.04, and so far I'm delighted - allthough I have to stick to community edition for now.
 #18821  by bob.hume

Stormspace,

I had the same problem after installing 6.2 community on Win Server 2008. I was able to trace it down by looking at the start up messages in the cmd window created when starting the Tomcat server. The problem appeared to be caused by the "program files" directory in the "JAVA_HOME" path having an embedded blank in the name. The "JAVA_HOME" environmental variable is defined in the setenv.bat file located in the OpenKM-6.2.0-community\tomcat\bin directory. I just used the 8.3 name (mine is "progra~1") to fix it, but I'm sure that quotes could be added to the string to fix it instead.

Hope it helps.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.