• Open KM 5.1.7 is slow and getting hang when getting used!

• Do you want to create a native client or integrate with third party applications: webservices are the solution.
Do you want to create a native client or integrate with third party applications: webservices are the solution.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #12382  by raths

Hi all

I'm using open KM for past one week. When i add more users and allow them access from different computers , Its getting very slow and getting Hanged up . And I'm getting the following error . And when i try to restart the server I'm getting the following error as show in screenshot . So i have to give force close and again run run.bat its getting fine . and when more than one user tries to log in and upload some 3 to 4 files , its getting the same problem. Can any one help on this ?

Error log :
Code: Select all
17:20:46,525 INFO  [Server] JBoss (MX MicroKernel) [4.2.3.GA (build: SVNTag=JBoss_4_2_3_GA date=200807181439)] Started in 

51s:425ms
17:23:21,627 WARN  [ExecutionUtils] Abnormal program termination: 1
17:50:20,718 ERROR [Http11Protocol] Error reading request, ignored
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space
17:42:10,118 ERROR [Http11Protocol] Error reading request, ignored
17:36:44,796 ERROR [Http11Protocol] Error reading request, ignored
17:32:25,580 ERROR [[jsp]] Servlet.service() for servlet jsp threw exception
17:32:04,846 ERROR [[jsp]] Servlet.service() for servlet jsp threw exception
Attachments
Error 2
Error 2
errorfinal.JPG (216.6 KiB) Viewed 5649 times
 #12409  by jllort

open the run.sh file ( linux script ) , look first lines JAVA_OPT set the same variables in run.bat file

How among of memory do you got on that server, put here your cpu, disk, OS version etc... do you have more apps installed there ?
 #12437  by raths

Hi

As per your advice I changed the run.bat file to

from

rem JVM memory allocation pool parameters. Modify as appropriate.
set JAVA_OPTS=%JAVA_OPTS% -Xms128m -Xmx512m

to

rem JVM memory allocation pool parameters. Modify as appropriate.
set JAVA_OPTS=%JAVA_OPTS% -Xms512m -Xmx1024m

after changing if click the run.bat i'm getting error as show in screen-shot

i have
Microsoft windows server 2003
Enterprise edition
Service pack 2

Computer :
Intel Core 2 duo cpu
E7500 @ 2.93 Ghz
3.9 GB RAM

Hard disk :
only C drive with total size 74.2 GB with free space of 43.9 GB space

Could any advice how to resolve this ?

Regards
Rathnavel
Attachments
Error gen space
Error gen space
heap.JPG (65.36 KiB) Viewed 5633 times
 #12446  by jllort

Try with it:
Code: Select all
set JAVA_OPTS="-Xms256m -Xmx1024m -XX:PermSize=64m -XX:MaxPermSize=128m -Djava.awt.headless=true"
Seems this older computer with few memory. Next release will have tomcat support and the actual jboss memory need will not be necessary.
 #12455  by raths

Hi jillort ..

I'm just curious to know how you are setting the value for JAVA_OPTS ? does it depends on CPU configuration ? If so my configuration is
Intel Core 2 duo cpu
E7500 @ 2.93 Ghz
3.9 GB RAM..

For the above configuration , what is the optimum value for JAVA_OPTS ?

When will the next release will come with that TOMCAT support ?

Regards
Raths
 #12587  by raths

Hi jllort,

Do you know how to install and configure jRockit as JVM and point to JAVA_HOME variable to the JVM path ?

I read the forum http://forum.openkm.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3908 .
But i'm not able to proceed how to configure this tool after downloading it . do you have any idea ? If so can you help me ?

Regards
Rathnavel

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.