• Changes to login-config.xml have no effect

• OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #113  by michael

Hi,
I installed OpenKM 1.2 and I have trouble configuring the login mechanism.

I want to add ldap authentication and followed the documentation, but to no avail.
It seems, that changes to server/default/conf/login-config.xml have no effect at all.

E.g. If I change the OpenKM application policy to
<!-- OpenKM -->
<application-policy name = \"OpenKM\">
<authentication>
<login-module code=\"org.jboss.security.auth.spi.UsersRolesLoginModule\" flag = \"required\">
<module-option name=\"usersProperties\">users2.properties</module-option>
<module-option name=\"rolesProperties\">roles2.properties</module-option>
</login-module>
<login-module code=\"org.jboss.security.ClientLoginModule\" flag=\"required\" />
</authentication>
</application-policy>

And create users2.properties and roles2.properties, those files are not used at all.

server.log has

2008-02-19 15:04:59,590 DEBUG [org.jboss.security.plugins.JaasSecurityManagerService] Added other, org.jboss.security.plugins.SecurityDomainContext@b21d14 to map
2008-02-19 15:04:59,607 DEBUG [org.jboss.security.auth.spi.UsersRolesLoginModule] Loaded properties, users=[]
2008-02-19 15:04:59,611 DEBUG [org.jboss.security.auth.spi.UsersRolesLoginModule] Loaded properties, users=[]

So it seems, login-config.xml is not used (and my initial attempts to add ldap authentication failed because of that too).

Any ideas.
 #123  by pavila

Yes, this seems to be a bug. You need to edit the WEB-INF/jboss-web.xml file in the OpenKM.war (this is located into the OpenKM.ear) and add this line after the <jboss-web> tag:
Code: Select all
<security-domain>java:/jaas/OpenKM</security-domain>
 #190  by michael

Thanks, that seemed to work.
On the other hand, it\'s quite tedious to unpack/repack two jar files.
So, will this be fixed in the next release?

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.