What about data management ?

Help us to improve OpenKM! Be part of the Open Source Community.
Forum rules
Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the forum search function.
gelinp
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

What about data management ?

Post by gelinp » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:29 am

Hi,

It was a great thing to add data management in order to manage informations around documentation management. Data management is, by exemple, documentation list I need to search, documentation list I need to buy, documentation subscription management, how much cost each document into my library, payments, shown reception... This is a little bit like PIM software (Personal Information Management) software. For exemple OpenKM could save passwords in order to connect web sites from URL saved by it (cf. KeePassX). I think also about Getting Things Dones task management (cf. ThinkingRock GTD) in order to organise activity around documentation.
-------------------------------------------------------------
Ubuntu 11.04 (Natty Narwhal - release april 2011)- OpenKM 5.1.7 (build 7085)

jllort

Re: What about data management ?

Post by jllort » Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:14 pm

This kind of features - as you purpose - could be implemented as extensions ( passwords storage system or like thinking rock -> that seems a tasks calendar ).

Gladys Cordray
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by Gladys Cordray » Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:27 am

Data management is a common term that cover a wide range of data applications.It may refer to fundamental data management concepts or to particular technologies.
Remarkable application include
  • data design
    data storage
    data security
Data management enclose a variety of techniques that make and ensure data control and flow from creation to processing, utilization and deletion

jllort

Post by jllort » Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:49 am

We cover security and storage. About design I think this is not the goal of ECM, DMS or EDRMS, there is specialized software what covers it. In these scenarios my suggestion is the integration, make several tools working together. DMS will not work as design software or like a BPM etc... are other kinds of solution-focused in solving other kinds of problems or the same problems in a different manner. I think working together is the goal.