• Helo! problem with auto expire

• We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #1114  by hbcomcn

Did any body really try half an hour auto expire if you are not log out properly?
In the previous days, I just logged in as system and terminate the active user session, but today, I tried to wait almost an hour, but it doesn\'t work. the login screen telling user session will expire at XXX, but actually that time already passed.
Does your system working well with that function?
Except access the source code is there any way to config the expire time?

Thanks!!!
 #1116  by jllort

Expire session can only be configured in application or in jboss.

To do on OpenKM, you must modify the web.xml file on OpenKM.war ( into OpenKM.ear) at WEB-INF folder and settting:

<session-config>
<session-timeout>30</session-timeout>
</session-config>

( numbers are in minutes ).

About not expiration user it occurs with system or with all users that sessions not expired after 30 minutes ? If not probably, it could be a not discovered bug
 #1117  by hbcomcn

Thanks for your reply!

Actually it happens to several users in my group, so I think maybe it is a bug.

I will try to change the time to see what is the result.
 #1119  by pavila

You should see the program log, and search for messages from Watchdog and SessionListener classes. Also search for SESSION_EXPIRATION action in user activity log.
 #1137  by hbcomcn

Hello could you introduce me the path of the web.xml file, I find two web.xml file have "session-timeout", I changed them to "5", but after I close the browser, and relogin, the expire out is still 30 minutes.
Thanks!
jllort wrote:Expire session can only be configured in application or in jboss.

To do on OpenKM, you must modify the web.xml file on OpenKM.war ( into OpenKM.ear) at WEB-INF folder and settting:

<session-config>
</session-config>

About not expiration user it occurs with system or with all users that sessions not expired after 30 minutes ? If not probably, it could be a not discovered bug
 #1139  by jllort

You must restart jboss server to take some effect.
 #1147  by hbcomcn

Hello,
With my experience, I found that when I change the web.xml files (OpenKM-2.0_JBoss-4.2.2.GA\\server\\default\\deploy\\jboss-web.deployer\\conf & OpenKM-2.0_JBoss-4.2.2.GA\\server\\all\\deploy\\jboss-web.deployer\\conf) timeout session to
Code: Select all
    <session-config>
        <session-timeout>5</session-timeout>
    </session-config>
, when I relogin after close the browser, it keeps telling me I have to wait for 30 minutes, but about 5 minutes later, I can login.

Maybe this is a bug, the interface is not synchronous with the internal changes.
hbcomcn wrote:Hello could you introduce me the path of the web.xml file, I find two web.xml file have "session-timeout", I changed them to "5", but after I close the browser, and relogin, the expire out is still 30 minutes.
Thanks!
jllort wrote:Expire session can only be configured in application or in jboss.

<session-config>
</session-config>

#1148  by jllort

Really UI message is set by default adding 30 minutes to user login date time, for it you\'ve got it uncosistent message with your changes on session-timeout.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.