• Make multiple search results selectable

• We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #11379  by maher

I have a case where I want to reassign tags. Right now I search for the existing tag and then have to change the tag on every individual object.

Can the search results be multi-selectable so that bulk operations be possible?
 #11383  by jllort

You might explain better what are you doing for understanding the problem. althought it, could be best option doing it with a crontab task, you can iterate results and assign other state etc... but I would like understanding better what's the problem, then I could suggest several solution.
 #11384  by maher

Thank you for your reply. There are several use cases that apply, let me try and explain some of them.

Lets say I have 100 photographs tagged as 'Christmas 2010'. When I search by such tags I get all 100 returned to me. Which is what I need.

Now consider that I am building a presentation and want to use 30 photographs from the above set. I would like to select them by looking at the previews (perhaps a thumbnail view of search results may be better) and download them all at once, rather than one by one. Is there a way to do this?

Another case might be that I want to add a tag 'Santa Claus' to all the photographs returned by the search 'Christmas 2010', can I assign all these tags in one operation.

I guess I would like to execute certain actions on more than one object returned by the search results. And these objects should be selectable in some way.

Thank you
Sid
 #11393  by pavila

Selecting multiple documents at once has been in our roadmap since a lot of time ago. We expect to reach this feature soon, but I can't promise anything!

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.