• Redirect localhost:8080 -> localhost:8080/OpenKM ?

• OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #1092  by bcs112

Hi,

Is it possible to avoid users seeing the JBoss index page when the login to the port 8080 and simply redirect any calls to that page to directly go to the OpenKM login page ?

Thanks,
Björn
 #1093  by jllort

Yes,

You must change some configuration parameter on jboss indicating than default context on jboss is /OpenKM/

Try it:
1- Add file index.jsp on default/deploy/jbossweb-tomcat55.sar/ROOT.war/
2- Modify file on default/deploy/jbossweb-tomcat55.sar/ROOT.war/WEB-INF/web.xml adding welcome file <welcome-file>index.jsp</welcome-file>
3- Modify default/deploy/jbossweb-tomcat55.sar/conf/web.xml
Changing the order index.jsp might be the first on the list ( the welcome web.xml it\'s at end\'s file)

<welcome-file-list>
<welcome-file>index.jsp</welcome-file>
<welcome-file>index.html</welcome-file>
<welcome-file>index.htm</welcome-file>
</welcome-file-list>

I\'ve attached the index.jsp file you might need [file name=index.zip size=287]http://www.openkm.com/images/fbfiles/files/index.zip[/file]
 #1095  by pavila

The \"right way\" is exposing OpenKM through Apache (port 80) using the Proxy mod and perform a RedirectMatch.
 #1097  by jllort

probably it configuration was referred about jboss 4.1.SP1 version and is not exact that 4.2.2 which comes with last OpenKM.

About what says pavila, is ok, if you\'ve got an apache installed the best solution is using mod proxy redirection.
 #1104  by bcs112

OK, so I have added an \"Alias\" to the Apache server, redirecting calls to the mydomain/OpenKM directory to the correct path for running OpenKM.

I get to the correct path but... the application isn\'t really running it seems. I can view the index.html page but the index.jsp page simply returns the raw text file, no server side \"thinking\" is performed.

Any more tips to get this to work ?

Björn
 #1122  by pavila

Mod proxy only seems works with Apache 2.2.8 , if you use an older Apache, try mod_jk. See Apache documentation for more info.
 #1124  by bcs112

Basically what I want to do is open up OpenKM to users over the internet. Until now this has been impossible. We have a dyndns.org account and I can use that to enter via our intranet, but internet users are blocked for some reason.

Is there some JBoss setting that I need to change ?

Björn
 #1127  by jllort

Seems to be some network configuration problem with firewall or problem with NAT on router. Really if you can access with other computer on network to OpenKM server you must discart any problem on OpenKM configuration server and try to find on network ( sure ).
 #2908  by thameema

I have configured the apache, virtualhost, openKM but still the following issues exist.

1. Images are broken due to apache redirect
2. After login, i am getting error and its asking me to logout. The error message is unable to get the root node etc

Here is my configuration:
<VirtualHost *:8080>
ServerAdmin me@localhost
DocumentRoot /opt/OpenKM-3.0_JBoss-4.2.2.GA/server/default/deploy
RewriteEngine on
ProxyPass / http://localhost:8081/OpenKM/
ProxyPassReverse / http://localhost:8081/OpenKM/
ServerName myserver.localtest
ErrorLog logs/dms-error_log
CustomLog logs/dms-access_log common
</VirtualHost>
The document root is just a dummy value and it can\'t be anything.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.