• java.lang.NullPointerException

• Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #9969  by prashanth

Hi,
I had installed OpenKm 5.0.3 on server with sql server 2005. All the tables is created in respective databses. Then i altered the OKM_ACTIVITY the column ACT_ITEM from type text to varchar(MAX) and altered the OKM_EXTENSION the column EX_DESCRIPTION from type text to varchar(MAX). Then i created the OKM_PROFILE tables as mentioned in documentation. I did Login, Repository configuration as mentioned in the documentation. After doing all this when i
compile its not showing any error. But when i login it throws an error. The error i shown below.
So i dont no what i am missing.
Anyone knows the solution ?

OpenKM.cfg file
#system.ocr=/usr/bin/tesseract
#system.openoffice.path=/usr/lib/openoffice
#system.img2pdf=/usr/bin/convert
#system.pdf2swf=/usr/bin/pdf2swf
#system.antivir=/usr/bin/clamscan

repository.config=repository.xml
repository.home=repository
system.user=system
default.user.role=UserRole
default.admin.role=AdminRole
principal.adapter=com.openkm.principal.DatabasePrincipalAdapter
max.file.size=5
max.search.results=25
system.demo=off
hibernate.dialect=org.hibernate.dialect.SQLServerDialect
hibernate.hbm2ddl=none
#application.url=http://localhost:8080/OpenKM/com.openkm ... /index.jsp
Error is shown after login
ERROR [org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[jboss.web].[localhost].[/OpenKM]] Exception while dispatching incoming RPC call
com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.UnexpectedException: Service method 'public abstract com.openkm.frontend.client.bean.GWTWorkspace com.openkm.frontend.client.service.OKMWorkspaceService.getUserWorkspace() throws com.openkm.frontend.client.OKMException' threw an unexpected exception: java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.RPC.encodeResponseForFailure(RPC.java:378)
at com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.RPC.invokeAndEncodeResponse(RPC.java:581)
at com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.RemoteServiceServlet.processCall(RemoteServiceServlet.java:188)
at com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.RemoteServiceServlet.processPost(RemoteServiceServlet.java:224)
at com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.AbstractRemoteServiceServlet.doPost(AbstractRemoteServiceServlet.java:62)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:710)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:803)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:290)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
at org.jboss.web.tomcat.filters.ReplyHeaderFilter.doFilter(ReplyHeaderFilter.java:96)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:230)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:175)
at org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.SecurityAssociationValve.invoke(SecurityAssociationValve.java:182)
at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:432)
at org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.JaccContextValve.invoke(JaccContextValve.java:84)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:127)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:102)
at org.jboss.web.tomcat.service.jca.CachedConnectionValve.invoke(CachedConnectionValve.java:157)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:109)
at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:262)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:844)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:583)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:446)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.openkm.frontend.server.OKMWorkspaceServlet.getUserWorkspace(OKMWorkspaceServlet.java:107)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
at com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.RPC.invokeAndEncodeResponse(RPC.java:562)
... 24 more
Attachments
The screen we getting after login
The screen we getting after login
error.JPG (50.46 KiB) Viewed 4954 times
 #10029  by jllort

The problem error is caused in this line
Code: Select all
if (up.getWizard().getPropertyGroups() != null) {
Do you have internet connection in this computer ? because the metadata definitions needs connecting by default to some url to validate ( that can be configured to be done locally ) read property groups sections on wiki http://wiki.openkm.com/index.php/Proper ... definition ( the box !! )
 #10076  by prashanth

thankyou for reply Sir

I am running OpenKm 5.0.3 version. Now i am getting this error. Now tables are not created in sql server 2005. So plz give me an solution for this problem
Code: Select all
ERROR [org.jboss.deployment.scanner.URLDeploymentScanner] Incomplete Deployment listing:

--- Incompletely deployed packages ---
org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentInfo@f499b776 { url=file:/C:/jboss-4.2.3.GA/server/default/deploy/jboss-local-jdbc.rar }
  deployer: org.jboss.resource.deployment.RARDeployer@149249e
  status: Deployment FAILED reason: Trying to install an already registered mbean: jboss.jca:service=WorkManagerThreadPool
  state: FAILED
  watch: file:/C:/jboss-4.2.3.GA/server/default/deploy/jboss-local-jdbc.rar
  altDD: null
  lastDeployed: 1301818133981
  lastModified: 1301818133950
  mbeans:

After all configuration at the end 
-- MBEANS THAT ARE THE ROOT CAUSE OF THE PROBLEM ---
ObjectName: jboss.jca:service=RARDeployment,name='jboss-local-jdbc.rar'
  State: NOTYETINSTALLED
  Depends On Me:
    jboss.jca:service=ManagedConnectionFactory,name=DefaultDS
 #10129  by jllort

I suggest
1- stop jboss
2- delete folder repository
3- drop all tables on okm_repo
4- ensure openkm-ds.xml is right
5- put in your OpenKM.cfg hibernate.hbm2ddl=create
6- Ensure jdbc driver is copied under server/default/lib
7- start jboss
 #10151  by pavila

prashanth wrote:Deployment FAILED reason: Trying to install an already registered mbean: jboss.jca:service=WorkManagerThreadPool
This error is not related to OpenKM but JBoss. It seems like you have two JBoss instances running at the same time or so.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.