• Love to see something like this - New file upload box

• Help us to improve OpenKM! Be part of the Open Source Community.
Help us to improve OpenKM! Be part of the Open Source Community.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the forum search function.
 #17347  by jllort

yes, can be implemented.

Title and description is something internally implemented on core but what I have still not get time to show in UI, during this month I will doing it.

About document date and creator is information directly captured by uploading and is not needed to set in file upload form. This part is still not yet done if you want to collaborate in extractor metadata document information you're wellcome.

About keywords, categories, types ... can be set now ( simply enable on profile wizard ) from version 6.0 has more complex ( http://www.openkm.com/en/openkm-smart-tasks.html -> depending folder can assign some metadata or others automatically or select which should be shown to user )
 #17354  by okmuser

Thanks Joseph,

The reason I put in the document date is when you recieve documents from an external source (say for example a invoice posted to you), the document date should be the date on the invoice, not the date the document was scanned into OpenKM.

It would be a good idea to have
1. document date - optional for user to enter, if left blank then the metadata date can be used and
2. registered date

where,
document date can represents the date the document was created/or specified on the document (eg above invoice) and
registered date can represents the date it was registered into OpenKM.

I haven't try OpenKM 6.0 yet but hope it has major improvements.

On the document metadata extraction - I am only a civil engineer with very limited programming knowledge - if any at all, using OpenKM for personal use, so I am really sorry that I can't colloborate on this aspect.

Thanks again,
 #17362  by jllort

In the case you're talking about it's always use metadata to store document information. Arrived this point the most easies way for doing it is enable wizard property group ( http://wiki.openkm.com/index.php/Profiles ) in profiles ( that has the inconvenience that will be for all upload documents ). From version 6.0 we have automation that allows to configure logic to determinate if users should add metadata during uploading process or not ( among other possible actions )

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.