• Copy/Paste attributes

• Help us to improve OpenKM! Be part of the Open Source Community.
Help us to improve OpenKM! Be part of the Open Source Community.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the forum search function.
 #16993  by stiebs

I found an old post referring to multiple selection of files (http://forum.openkm.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=400). If there are still UI challenges to make this workable, how about a slightly different way to achieve one use case that I come across.

If I am batch uploading anywhere from 3-10 similar documents, I likely want similar, if not the same, keywords and categories for all uploaded documents. Instead of entering keywords and selecting categories for each document, it would be good to be able to do it for the first document, then from the right-click menu, select "Copy Categories/Keywords", then for each of the other documents, "Paste Categories/Keywords".

It doesn't give all the functionality of multiple selection (eg, multiple moves within the taxonomy) but might at least solve some usability issues.
 #17012  by jllort

Actually from version 6.0 you can upload documents in a uploding queue, that's yet done. I have got some pending features to be implemented working with several files at same time, add notes, add keywords, add categories and add metadata to several documents at same time. As you can see from version 6.0 you can select several docs at same time and copy /move / delelete options. The list I write will be implemented but now we're involved in other task and will be waiting some time for it.
 #17015  by stiebs

Great! Now I just gotta hang tight until version 6 is released to the community :)

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.